Chapter 17

WARNING: Long chapter ahead. Thank you for your support and attention.

Sasuke impatiently tapped his fingers at the table, while he listening to the presentation delivered by his worker. It's been three days since Naruto gave him second chance and he still can't seem to find his way to meet the beloved man. He only got four days left and yet Sasuke still stuck at his office, unable to leave even for a coffee break. He's so busy, booked left and right.

Sasuke wrote his review on the papers and he handed it over to the man. He told him to fix the parts that he reviewed and Sasuke watched the man left his office. He turned to his secretary that was sitting not far from him. "What my schedule after this?" Sasuke asked.

"There's a few papers you need to go through. And this evening you have to meet Miss Senju." The secretary said while flipping through his journal, reading what he already jot down earlier.

Sasuke nodded his head, after some thinking he suggested, "Can you call her secretary and see if we could postpone the meeting to another day? Next week if possible."

"Miss Senju is a very busy woman, sir so I'm afraid we can't do that. We have been trying to get this appointment since last month." The secretary almost couldn't believe that his boss asked him to postpone the important meeting.

"Right." Sasuke sighed. Looking at his watch. Naruto must've thought that he doesn't take what he said seriously. But he can't leave the works unfinished.

Sasuke's long sigh didn't go unnoticed by the secretary. He crossed and wrote something inside his journal, before showing it to Sasuke. "Sir, I can clear a few hours off your schedule before her arrival, so you can take your time and rest. Shall I do that?" The secretary said, smiling at the restless boss. He know what's on his boss mind anyway.

It's only then the raven's mood lifted up again. He earnestly gazing at the man that he knew for several years and he gave his approval. "It's sufficient." Sasuke said while taking his car keys and phone with him. He stood up and fixed his coat.

"But you do realize sir that after you come back later, works going to pile up again." He said while feeling sorry for the boss. He was there during the ruckus made by the blond worker, that he later found out used to be the boss's boyfriend. He also knew about the one week bet but he can't help anything. The works never seems to be ending for the young Uchiha ever since he took over.

"I'll manage, like always." Sasuke said while giving a small pat at the back to his secretary. He added, "Can you check something for me?" He whispered something to his secretary before he rushed to the door.

IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH

Naruto was just chilling at his place when suddenly his doorbell rang. He walked to the door and twist the knob open, revealing the raven in his work attire. Naruto could smell the delicious scent coming from the paperbag brought by Sasuke.

"I brought ramen as an apology." Sasuke said.

To be very honest, Naruto already see it coming. He thought that Sasuke would do the same thing again and yes, he was right. He's not going to lie that he doesn't wait for Sasuke to show up at his doorstep because exactly three days ago he seemed pretty convincing that he wouldn't let this last chance go in vain. But this is Sasuke.

Naruto opened his door widely for Sasuke to come in. He turned his back from the raven and headed to the couch. "I stopped eating ramen 3 years ago." He said along the way.

Sasuke was shocked to hear that because he knew Naruto really love that particular food. He awkwardly puts it down at the coffee table and he took a seat right across Naruto. Sasuke cleared his throat, while saying, "You must've think that I'm a liar for ghosting you again but I'm not."