Moving In

A/N - This is my first attempt at writing any kind of story/fanfictions, so feedback and comments would be highly appreciated!

Y/N Y/L/N. An 19 year old girl who was privileged enough to be able to attend one of, if not the most, highest-ranking universities in the entire of the UK. You had been privileged your whole life, with both of your parents being extremely wealthy lawyers. Your parents met in law school and having the same passion, fell in love and married quite young. You were an only child, your parents proudest achievement and they strived for you to be the very best. It was a given you would be studying Law. You knew from a very young age your parents would want you to follow in their footsteps, whether you liked it or not. The Y/L/N's were very well known for their accomplishments and records, and would have absolutely no room for failure. This intimidated you a little, but you would never let it show. "Weakness can not be shown, for that itself is a failure", you would repeat in your head, the bold words from your strict Father. Your parents were very traditional, and not so believing in the modern world, something you were comfortable in, but not around them. They spent no time understanding on 'pronouns' or sexualities at all, as they just simply didn't believe in it. Y/N would never talk about herself to them, in fear of what might happen to her, and her potential future ahead.

I arrive at the university along side my best friend Ivy. Ivy and I had been best friends since we were little, her parents also being lawyers too. However Ivy wanted to be a lawyer, and I wasn't as interested as her, but I went along with it to keep my parents happy and proud. We both walked into the main reception of the student accommodation building and approached the desk.

"Names?" The emotionless receptionist asked, without even looking up at either of us.

"Umm- Y/N Y/L/N and I-"

"Ivy. Ivy Hemmingway" Ivy interrupts you, proud of her family name and connections.

It surprises me how much she loved to be a part of her family's legacy. I had always wanted to break away and make my own path away from my parents, away from their success. I didn't want to be know as their daughter, but as Y/N Y/L/N herself.

"You're both in room 7A. Keep it tidy, there are monthly inspections" The woman said, still refusing to make eye contact. She slammed the two key cards and our student timetables on the desk. Ivy looked at me and we both just smirked, containing our laughter.

"Thank you" We both said in unison.

We took the lift up to the 7th floor and made our way into the room. It was cosy with two single beds either side, one small on suite bathroom with a marble shower. I knew we would be fighting over the shower every morning, both of us always leaving getting ready until the last minute. We both unpacked our stuff and sat on our beds, looking over our timetables.

"So what extra class did you take? They said we had to pick an extra one along side Law" Ivy asked, genuinely interested in my choice.

"Sokovian..?" I said, a bit of confusion in my voice. "I've never even heard of the language before so I thought, why not?"

"Oh yes I saw that class! I've heard it's really difficult though, and quite a few students drop out within 2 weeks, or even less".

"Oh I-"

"Don't worry Y/N, you'll be fine. Besides, you're wanting to actually learn the language, not just stare the teacher".

"W-what? What do you mean?"

"You don't know?"

I shake my head, confused as to what she was implying. "Apparently, the hottest teacher in the entire university teaches that class. I've never seen her but from what I've heard, she's definitely something".

"I'm sure she's pretty, but yeah like you said I'm there for the language, not to drool over some random teacher. How about you? What's your other class?".

"Higher mathematics." She spoke, and I laughed as she said it, knowing she would regret her choice soon enough. "What? I figured it would keep me busy."

"Yeah yeah, sure Ives. You let me know in a few weeks when you're wanting to drop out" I chuckled, looking at her stubborn face as she rolls her eyes.

Trying to move on from the debate, "You have Mr. Henderson for Law, yeah?" I asked with slight desperation. I really wanted to have the same teacher as Ivy, I find it so much easier to study when I know someone else is doing the same work as me.

"Yep! I'm so excited! But I'm really hungry so lets order some food in".

We ordered some Chinese food to the accommodations and got comfy watching Netflix for the next few hours. It got to around 11pm and we both had to be up early for our classes. We said goodnight to each other and turned off the lights. However, I couldn't sleep. I always got nervous before the first day of something, whether it be School, Uni or even just visiting someone. I managed to fall asleep around 3am, knowing that I'd have to be up 6am for Sokovian class.