CHAPTER - 10 PICK UP WHERE WE LEFT OFF

Netra:

I arrive at the office earlier than I usually do so that I could set up everything before Moulik arrives. I take my tea from the canteen, grab my working notes from my desk, text Varsha to send me margin workings and other requisites and proceed toward the conference room. I grab the door handle to push the door only to see Moulik already sitting there and sipping his black coffee. He looks up and smiles.

Fuck he came in early. Now I won't get the time to mentally prepare myself to deal with him.

"Good morning, sweetheart" He wished me showing his pearly whites.

Just listening him all chirpy and happy gets on my nerve. How dare he be happy when I'm a bundle of nervousness and anxiety! Quickly shutting the door and I kept my things on table. Standing at my full height I glared at him. If looks could kill, he would've been dead already. 

"I swear to god Moulik, stop with your bullshit already! I don't know what kind of game you are playing but you smiling and inserting yourself in my life won't work." 

I fumed when he just leaned in his chair and looked up at me. "I know I hurt you baby but I promise I am not playing a game here. I'm serious about getting you back." 

What in the hell? This again! Before I could berate him, he continued. "However, I know what I did was unforgivable and realized how you can't just push it under the rug. So, I'm here to listen and do whatever you want."

"Really?" I asked dubiously

"100%. I will not cross any boundary in office with you. I understand you have a reputation to uphold" He said with an honest face. Well as honest as he can be which is hardly any. He guessed that I was not convinced. "Seriously, tell me how you want to proceed, I'm here to follow your command."

"Any command?" I checked with raised eyebrow. 

"Any command." His expression was so innocent but I knew there was some wickedness there. 

"Fine. One - Get off that seat. That's my spot. Second - I'll take the lead on the negotiations. Third - Umm.. I'll think of something." Yeah, I am a petty human, sue me. If he thinks his sweet words will melt me, he will be waiting for an eternity. If he so openly promising me to follow my wishes, I might as well walk him like a dog!

Despite my petty demands, he looked collected and stood with a grace of a Bengal tiger. Picking up his laptop and coffee, he vacated my requested seat and moved towards me to go to the other side of the table. the cloud of his expensive perfume and after shave followed him, the smell driving me crazy like a junkie. God he always had good taste in fine things. Well not that it helped his case in anyway. 

Still mulling over the fact on what he is upto, I went ahead and started the meeting. He he quietly listened to all points and agreed. In between he contradicted with valid reasons which infuriated me further.  Like how can someone who behaves so stupid can make really smart point. It's unfair. We were done in almost 45 minutes and I was really surprised that he did not talked about anything else. To be honest, if fucked with my brain as I fully expected him to do so. With his Jack and Hyde personality he is confusing me. Like what am I supposed to think and act here. It's messing with my emotions. My thoughts have been like roller coaster. Why now? Why this late? Why note before? I wanted to ask him but didn't. I don't want to start the conversations especially after telling him off on it. I shouldn't care. I should just move on. 

But the truth is I am hurt. I do feel all these complex emotions. I want to know but I am afraid. He was triggering my overthinking and so I decided to take a step back and follow my own wish of not bringing it up again. It looks like he can easily stop talking to me on it as well. Which is gain hurtful but not surprising but I guess I should be relived.  Sighing I collected my items and got up to leave when he called me. "What?"

He extended his hand to give me my pen. My breath got hitched when he brushed his fingers to mine. We both stared at each other holding the pen as link. "Thank you" he said in a low tone filled with emotions. I rolled my eyes at him and said "no need to be grateful just yet. Just wait and watch"

He smiled a little "I  will be waiting."