CHAPTER - 5 THE ANGUISH (PART - 1)

" I was the one who loved you even though you gave me a thousand reasons not to."

Netra:

"Hey Netra."

He was smiling at me like he didn't break up with me and I didn't spent 2 and half years crying, missing and whining over him. 

After staring at him for about a minute, I came to my senses and closed my mouth. 

"How are you Netra?" He asked. I narrowed my eyes at him.

Like seriously he is going to ask me that. With a side glance I saw his family greeting and hugging Rudh's family. Thank God no one saw me yet specially Moulik's mom.

I glared at Moulik once again and was about to leave when he stopped me by my elbow. I gritted my teeth; not interested in talking to him or creating a scene here.

"For a  guy who slept with another girl within few minutes of dumping his 8 month long serious girlfriend, you sure have a lot of guts to touch and stop me."

He left my hand immediately like my statement burned his hand. Like it supposed to. At least now he looked guilty. " I'm sorry, Netra. I know -" 

"Oh Netra, Sweetheart how are you?" Moulik's mother looked at me with her serene expression. She still looks the same. Absolutely beautiful. 

"I'm well aunty. How are you? I smiled at her.

She engulfed me in hug immediately. Loosing her hands around me she cupped my cheeks. I had a deja vu of when I used to meet her while I was dating Moulik. "You look stunning dear."

I giggled and thanked her for it. "You always were a great complimenter." 

She laughed at my analogy. "And you were always a great complimentee."

"And you guys still use non-existent word while talking." Rishabh said while  poking his head beside his mother's. He still looks cute and a lot like his big brother. 

"Hey goofy. You still as annoying as the last time I saw you?" I asked laughing.

"What? Me? Annoying? Psst. I think you got us Mahajan brothers confused. I'm the sexy one that you like." He waved his hand towards Moulik to further prove his point. Considering his family didn't let Moulik talk he indeed seems annoyed. 

I forced a smile at Rishabh's comment. To avoid any back-up comment or recall about my closeness with Moulik, I diverted the conversation about Ruhi and what else is going on with their life. Even Rudh, his mom and Apurva joined us.

I was listening to Ruhi telling us about a new store for jewellery when Moulik stopped her.

"Look ladies, I'm really sorry but I need to talk to Netra." Then he looked at me. "If you don't mind, can we please talk?"

Fucking ass-hole. Of course, I mind!

Hating him even further to put me in the position where I can't refuse as everyone pair of eyes was on us.

I glared at him but sweetly replied "sure." He winced, obviously understanding that I didn't like his stunt a bit.

He gestured for me to come aside with him. When I reached beside a corner window with him, I turned to see all the ladies having a hopeful glint in their eyes.

I sighed, took a deep breath and turned to Moulik.  

"Look I know how big of an idiot I was to break up with you and then going in the room with another girl. I'm really really sorry. I know it was wrong and I regret each and every second of it. Can we please start over again? "