CHAPTER - 2 BETRAYAL WAS WHAT I FELT (Part 1)

"Hearts are breakable," Isabelle said. "And I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before."
                       - by Cassandra Clare   

Netra:

It is 1 PM and I am happy with my work. I'm done with all the presentations and budgetary reports for the new product launch plan. I gathered all the print outs, pen drive, my notes etc. and dropped them in the file folder. I put my laptop on sleep mode and proceeded toward cafeteria after taking my phone. I got into lift, got down on 2nd floor of our office building i.e. cafeteria and stood in lunch line. Few minutes later I saw my friend Apurva coming towards me. She is a cool girl who worked in finance dept. whereas I work in marketing dept. She was short but a cutie. We met on our first day of interview when she helped me with the directions of interview room. She was married to a guy named Gautam. It was an arranged marriage but it's doesn't look like when you see them together. They look so happy together it feels like they knew each other way earlier in their life. We both grabbed our filled plates and went to our spot which is the corner table beside the glass wall. She was telling me about Harshita – our office's witch. She was the bitchy HR. Unlike other HR who takes care of employees and fight for them against their bosses, Harshita used to make our lives miserable. Another reason for Apurva and my close friendship was we were both on the hit list of Harshita. So naturally it became a custom for us to bitch about Harshita for at least first 15 min of our 1 hr. lunch. Now, don't get me wrong, we also don't like bitching and gossiping about someone but a girl got to get her frustration out. It's not like I can beat the shit out of Harshita for all the evil crap she does. However, I really want to. We were discussing about what gift Apurva should give her husband for his coming birthday when someone shouted my name. I turned towards the voice and was shocked to see Ruhi standing in the other side of cafeteria with a big smile on her face, waving me hello and moving towards me. I thought I'll never see her again; at least not in my office but damn my luck. It's not that I don't like her, in fact I love this girl. She was like my little sister, it's just that she is his younger sister and she reminds me of him.

***Flashback***

I entered Moulik's farm house and saw almost everyone drinking and dancing but I didn't see my boyfriend. I crossed the living room and went to kitchen to find Moulik. I loved him and yesterday we entered in our 8th month of our relationship. We were so happy and made out in collage washroom cuz that was the only secluded place we could find without everyone constantly hogging over us. For a girl like me who was dating for the first time in her life, it was the most scandalous thing that I have ever done. I blushed at the memory and went upstairs to look for him. When I didn't find him on the top floor, I went to kitchen as it was bit quiet. I took out my mobile and called him but he didn't pick up. I redialled it but he cut it. I frowned and was about to call him back when I felt a palm on my shoulder. I startled and whirled around only to find Moulik looking at me. I sighed and released a relived breath. I put my phone in the back pocket and looked at him. He was wearing black jeans with white t-shirt and a leather jacket along with black combat boots. He was handsome with tousled hair and 5 O'clock beard but he looked tired.