Chapter 4: Acromantula

Dedicated to WritersBlock1316

Chapter 4: Acromantula

"Spiders. Not tiny spiders like those surging over the leaves below. Spiders the size of carthorses, eight-eyed, eight-legged, black, hairy, gigantic." ~J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, pg.

************************************

Ignotus shrieked, "ANTIOCH! ACROMANTULA! AHHH-"

The spider's pincers were clicking wildly. The arachnid was enormous; it was the size of a baby elephant! It scuttled down the tree with yellow leaves, coming dangerously closer towards Ignotus. Its putrid scent filled his nostrils as it pressed ever closer. Ignotus leapt out of the way before the spider could get to him with his pincers.

Thick fog had crept onto the scene, as though it challenged the visibility of each of the brothers. It brought on sets of chills as the condensation cooled Ignotus' skin.

"Ignotus, grab a weapon, you idiot!" Antioch called out to his younger brother.

Ignotus fumbled and tried to grab his sword, to no avail. The ugly black spider leapt towards Ignotus. Because of Ignotus being distracted, the creature bit his arm. Ignotus yelped in pain. It felt as though tiny white hot daggers were shooting through the veins of his arms.

Antioch had his wand out and was about to curse the spider. He hesitated, in fear of hitting Ignotus.

Cadmus grabbed his sword out and went for the spider. With a fluid motion, Cadmus swung his sword and struck one of the spider's legs. The creature let out a shriek of pain.

Antioch unsheathed his own sword and swung it around, hitting the spider in the chest. It was right where the joint of the head met the body. His sword went through the creature. The creature's lifeless body fell limply on top of Ignotus. Antioch let out a triumphant shout!

Everything in sight for Ignotus seemed to go hazy. He could vaguely hear his brothers shouting. The sound of their cheering filled his ears as they triumphed over the arachnid.

Suddenly the sound of angry clicking encompassed all around the forest, as though they were being surrounded by a chorus of enraged spiders. As spiders came into view, their black eyes gleamed wickedly in the moonlight.

Cadmus let out a soft moan as he saw more arachnids approaching. Antioch stood his ground, doing his best to circle around the brothers.

In the distance, a bright light began approaching. It was warding off the spiders.

A voice yelled, "Get back! I am warning you, I am not afraid to use the flames if I must."

Antioch and Cadmus looked at each other, things clicking in their minds. "Incendio," they both exclaimed at the same time as they drew their wands out and lit their swords.

The spiders retreated slowly. Their mandibles clicked angrily as they left.

Cadmus let out a sigh of relief. Antioch had disappointment etched across his face.

Hoof prints sounded towards Ignotus. As he slowly lost consciousness, he looked into Chiron's concerned face. Everything was going blurry until all was black.

************************************
Hi Everyone,
Once again thank you for reading yet another chapter of my story. Glad I didn't scare you too much with my last chapter. If you liked it please hit the star icon. I also love feedback and comments. They make my day a little brighter.

So, after doing a bit of research because of the nerd I am, and I came to the conclusion all of the Peverell brothers were sorted into the Gryffindor. They were all buried in Godric's Hollow so it just makes sense to me they would be in the same house. I would love to hear your theories if you have them, as to why they were sorted into other houses but were buried in Godric's Hollow.

Hope you are all having a really great day!

MeanderingFool