turks&caicos (NSFW)

"margot tyrell, you know her?" your boss asks you.

"i don't," you respond, looking down at your lap.

the air is heavy, and so are his eyes on you. piercing through your soul, searching for any signs of deception.

"my records indicate that you do," he says, not breaking his sight on you.

"i don't," you sigh, "anymore."

"anymore?" he asks.

"we met on a case and worked together for a while," you bite your lip as you remember her, "then our relationship blossomed. we were in love. but we had to go out separate ways in fear of putting each other in jeopardy."

"jeopardy?" he repeats.

"our jobs, our wellbeing's," you look back up to meet his eyes, "we didn't want to do anything that could potentially harm the other."

"i see," he hums, looking down at the file on his desk, "when was the last time you saw her?"

"it's been years," you say under your breath, trying to hold back tears.

"i hate to be the bearer of bad news, y/n, but i have an assignment for you that involves margot."

you furrow your eyebrows as you look at him, twiddling your fingers.

"i'm gonna need you to stake her out, try and get her to work for us," he adds.

you scoff, "and what if it doesn't work? i highly doubt she'd be glad to see me."

"let's just say that i know for a fact she'd be more than happy to see you."

you bite your lip as your mind races.

"i'm gonna need you to take a plane to Turks and Caicos. the morning after, you will be at a meeting where you will meet her boss, Stirling Rogers. he thinks you're there to begin working for him. he will then 'introduce' you to margot. start up a conversation. we will continue later from there," he demands.

you nod and he excuses you from his office.

~.~

the plane ride is excruciating. your nerves definitely are getting the best of you. once you arrive though, the warm, clean air greets you with a smile. you're directed to your room where you finally begin to dwindle down and unpack all you need to. nighttime whispers over the soft sands of the beach.

i need a drink, you sigh.

finally you get dressed into a flowy summer gown that you know for a fact margot would drool over. if it just so happens she sees you tonight, she will be impressed. you lock up your room, and begin making your way to the bar right on the ocean.

*que music at the top if you so insist. it's just to set the mood of the bar*

you're seated at the bar, trying your hardest not to draw attention to yourself.

"what can i get you?" the bartender asks with a lovely smile.

"two shots of tequila please," you look away from him and over at a crowd of people that has gathered.