10- The mall

DENKI POV
Dad started the truck and we started driving around without direction until we came across a mall. We parked the truck and went inside to see lots of people going about there day and shopping. We went over to one of screens and saw that it was an interactive map of the mall "That's pretty cool. You can type a store to see if its here and if it is, it shows you how to get to it." dad said taking note of other people using one near by. I typed in Hot Topic and saw that there was one on the lower level. I went back to the home screen, poked dads side and started walking away.

We took two escalators to get the lower level and I for got which way to go. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see dull blue eyes looking back at me. "Can I help you?" I asked "You seem a little lost. First time here?" he said, I finally looked him up and down to see that he had silver hair, pale skin, and a great sense of fashion. Next to him was a girl that look very similar to him, silver hair put into loose braids, pale blue eyes, and glasses. "Yeah, it's our first time here. We just moved here and decided to go shopping." "That's pretty cool. Where did you move from?" "Japan. My names Denki by the way. This is my dad." "I don't see a dad anywhere." I spin around and see that he's gone. I look around and see a Home Depot on the next level. I turn back to the guy and chuckle "He probably went to the Home Depot." he chuckles as well.

"I'm Elijah, this is my twin Elizabeth." he says pointing to his sister. She rolls her eyes "You can just call me Liz." she says "Alright, well its nice to meet you." "So where are ya heading Denki?" "I was trying to find Hot Topic." he smiles "That's where were heading. My girlfriend is gonna get off work soon so were gonna use her employee discount." "That's pretty fun. You seem cool, could I get your Instagram?" "Sure," I get my phone out and connect to the mall wifi, open Instagram and hand him my phone. He finds his Insta and also his sisters.

We start walking to Hot Topic and my phone buzzes. I look and see that dad sent me $200 to do some shopping. 'Have fun with your new friends kiddo.' 'I will, thanks dad.' We arrive at the store and I go straight to the shirts. I grab a Haikyuu shirt, a Rob Zombie shirt and a MCR shirt. I look at the pants and find a nice pair of black and white pinstripe overall shorts. I go to the backpacks and find a nice Winnie the Pooh one. I walk around the store for a bit longer and then go to the register and pay for my items.

"Denki! Come here a sec." Elijah calls and I walk over "This is my girlfriend Ashley. Ash, this is Denki, he just moved from Japan." Ashley has long brown hair tied in a ponytail and purple eyes "Nice to meet you Denki." she smiles "You as well." "Do you want to come to the food court with us?" "Sure, I'll text my dad to meet me there." I text my dad and he says that hell after he brings his new tools to the truck. "So what's your guyses quirks?" Ashley started "Mines earth manipulation." "That's pretty cool. Have you ever considered trying to manipulate metal?" "No. Why would I do that with my quirk?" "Well depending on how pure the metal is, there is tiny particles of earth in metal. It's possible but would probably take lots of concentration at first to do but could become easier with time." I explain "Ya know I've never thought of that. I'll bring it up to my teacher."

"What about you guys?" I ask the twins. Liz speaks up "Well we have opposite quirks. Mine is called angel and Els is called reaper. We can both have wings, mine are white and his are black. we can both levitate stuff. I can heal things and El can destroy things." "That's not entirely how it works." Elijah says "I can revert things back to there natural state. Best way I can describe it is, um. So let's say you have a cake, right? If I use my quirk I can turn it back it the separate ingredients. Or even back to stages like the wets and dries." he explains "That's very cool! So if you make the cake too salty you can separate it back to the wets and dries then separate the dries and take out some salt." "I guess. But it works better if the cake hasn't cooked and it's just the batter." "That makes sense."

"What's your quirk Denki?" "Electrification. Pretty self explaining. I use to charge my friends phones. I can also charge myself." I explain "That's pretty neat. What are the draw backs of that?" "Well if I'm anxious it starts acting up. I can fry my brain and go 'dumb' or 'derpy' as my old friends use to call it. I look dumb on the outside but inside it feels like I'm on fire. Sorry, I'm over sharing." "It's okay. Those don't seem like good friends." "They started off good but then my girlfriend cheated on me and broke up with me. Placed the blame on me and almost my whole class turned on me. Then they found an old article about me and a jerk from another class tried to get me kicked out." "That's awful. Well now you got us and our group. Well introduce you to the rest of them another day." Ashley said.

Liz looked at me hesitantly "Can I ask what the article was about?" I think for a second "Yeah. So the beginning was posted all over Instagram. The tittle was 'Boy kills mother with quirk'. the start of the article said 'Denki Kaminari, age five, kills mother on August eighth, by electrocuting the pool. There were no witnesses to the event.'. Before you judge me let me say what happened." I take a breath "It was the day I got my quirk. We were swimming in the pool and my dad was getting drinks for us. My quirk came killing my mom and I almost drowned. I got my quirk from my dad so he got in the pool and saved me from drowning." I keep my head down. Then I get hugged from Ashley and Liz. "Hun, we would never judge you for that. It wasn't your fault." Liz says

"Denki! Let's get some food kiddo. And that ice cream I promised." Dad said coming over to us "Alright dad. See you later guys, nice meeting you." "Bye Denki!" they call after me.

1168 WORDS

Sorry for the delay everyone. To make it up I have a kinda funny story.

I bought my first long board yesterday (used). I was hanging out with my boyfriend (his nickname is lemon cardboard, given to him by a friend) today and we were waiting for our friend (his nickname is sugartits, given to him by my boyfriend) to get done with an appointment so I decided to practice a little bit. I am very light, 130lbs max, and he is a bit bigger then me. He gets on, cause he skate boards, and the board bends a lot. I get back on and practice a bit and then get a text from my friend we were waiting for saying he was on his way back to his house. While I'm on my phone I hear a snap and look up to see that my board snapped. All he did was step on it to get on. Then we pick up our friend and he eases the tension with humor.

Sincerely,
Jay💖