Chapter 4: on the run

No one's POV

The city was in chaos. Police and military were all on duty scouring the are searching for the titan. Y/n now known to the world and all alone needed to escape.

If the maps are the same in this timeline then y/n could use the channel to escape to the Midway Islands. All y/n needed was a large enough boat to be both fast and carry y/n's weight.

Looking out the window and into the harbor y/n spotted a cargo ship preprint to depart. Then an idea came to mind.

"Reassessment: holding onto the hull under water can conceal my presence as I escape. Decision that shall be a last resort. Second solution: find a cargo container and hide inside as it is loaded onto the ship and wait out the journey. Course of action decided."

Y/n POV

The cover of night still lingers. I can make it. With swift speed I ran. My light chassis helped make little sound when running. The humans are off the ship which provided an advantage.

Once aboard I began to scan the containers to find the best suited one. I found one and opened it. Crawling inside I closed it and I heard sounds of IS mechs hovering overhead. I look around and see that this container is filled old part and contraptions. This provided satisfactory camouflage from sensors.

As I confirmed that I was safe and the ship began to leave I began to shut down. I need to recharge my power for the journey ahead.

Dreamscape

It happened again. I'm awake yet I'm not at the same time. Dreaming is humans call it. I look around in the darkness finding nothing. I can't see I can on my hear.

But then I hear voices. They speak of unknown topics.

"Preliminary test have proven highly successful." One said.

"Good then begin next set. If this works it could turn the tide of the war." Another replies.

"Yes sir. Beginning testing phase 2." Machines stir to life ask computer modules designate data in various codes and frequencies.

What tests are they talking about? Why am I having these dreams? I walk the darkness without a sense of direction.

"The IMC are on the edge! We will push them back to Earth then finally this war will end!" A voice shouts out into the distance as cheers and roars can be heard.

"It's really a beautiful sight isn't it y/n?" A familiar voice was heard I knew it.

"It is difficult to decipher your words pilot. What do you mean by beautiful?" My own voice. I-I remember.

This was Graves' speech to the militia. We had the IMC on the ropes. We thought we had won but it would seem that was not the case.

The IMC led by doctor Hammond had created a new type of weapon. It shredded the Militia fleet and I landed here somehow.

Dreamscape end

I awoke from my  dream by a rough shaking on the ship. I quickly scan the vibrations to determine the cause of it. I confirmed that it had docked in the middle of a storm.

"Come on! We have to evacuate! A tier 5 hurricane is one it's way!" A crew member said. With the footsteps fading from sound shot I opened the container to see winds howling and rain pouring.

The docks were abandoned and the hurricane was quickly closing. My battery has been recharged to 100% and my thrusters are still functional. I checked the geologic map to find that I have crossed the sea from Japan to China. I still need to make to distance in order to properly hide.

The mountains of Norway should suffice. I have my heading. Now I have to move out. Activating my thrusters I begin running from the ship and into the docks. I have to avoid the main roads to avoid human contact. The closest city is Beijing so I must travel the eastern outskirts.

From there I can determine the next course of action.

No one's POV
Meanwhile at the academy

In the office of the IS academy government officials and Orimura are attending a meeting discussing the encounter with y/n a few nights ago.

"Ms. Orimura I understand that you love your brother but we need him and your class to search for the machination that climbed the tower. All available IS pilots need to be assembled to find the robot before anything else happens.

We also need to learn everything from it. Where it came from, who made it, what does it want, why is it here, this is a national emergency." An official says.

Ms. Orimura looked down as her hands balled into fists. The memory of her little brother's kidnapping still haunts her.

"Ms. Orimura if I may. We have to keep an eye on them. If they spotted it there position needs to be marked so we will add tracking beacons to their mechs to monitor their location. We will make you leader of the IS search force while we handle military operations." The man said.

Her tensions eased but then she asked a question.

"There's one thing I don't understand. It's a machine. Machines are meant to follow orders. It could've killed the pilots yet it didn't. Why didn't it kill them?" She asked.

Everyone stayed silent thinking about her words. Until her assistant Maya spoke up.

"There is a possibility that the machine has its own sentience. It's alive like a human." She replied.

A sentient robot. It's not completely far fetched.

"If it is then their is a chance to reason with it but our objective remains the same. We have to stop it and capture it." The people in the room nodded in agreement.

Y/n POV
Elsewhere

I made it to the top of the mountain. I see the city of Beijing in the distance. The lights and the night sky. They remind me of home. In order to conceal myself with a tarp from the freighter I hid into to conceal my lights.

Just then I picked up a radio frequency. It was from the frontier! I looked around for any radio towers. Unfortunately I could find any. I copied the frequency code for later and I carried on with my journey.

My objective remains the same: survive.