Chapter 1: awakened

Y/n POV

'Battery life charging'
'Systems functional'

My vision is returning.  Yet something is unusual. I see nothing but darkness. My optical lenses are functioning. But then my audio receptors pick up voices.

They come in the form of echoes.

"Is it ready?" A voice speaks.

"Yes it is." Another says.

"Good. Proceed then." The first one replies.

Then my sight falls again.

'Reactivating'

My sight returns as I am in the current warehouse where I deactivated myself. Nothing has changed as of yet but I hear human interaction. Calculating possible camouflage option I decide to put myself in the darkest corner and shut off my lights.

The warehouse opens to reveal two individuals. They are both females and begin discussing a topic that has gained my attention.

"So have you heard about the new male pilot joining yet?" One of them said.

"Yeah. He is the only one who was able to activate the IS mech. I wonder how good looking he will be?" The other said.

They then left giving me the ability to see again.

Pilots exist in this world after all. If I am able to establish a link with one of them then I will have the efficiency to continue my mission. But the data gather depicts that these pilots are different than the ones I am familiar with.

'Power at 85% capacity. Motor functions available.'

I am able to move my feet and arms at a steady rate. But any actions that involve multiple uses may damage the parts in my chassis. I need to stay out of sight in order to work.

My camouflage paint grants me the ability to conceal myself within large areas of trees and brushes. Those will be my concealment locations. I open the door and check for any human life.

After seeing the coast was clear I opened the door and I began to sneak around the main complex. Looking inside the windows I see many of the humans inside studying and doing their lessons.

Sticking to the trees I resumed my recon. It would appear the that these large dome shaped buildings are arenas to practice and train pilots in. Turning off my camouflage I climb the build to look at the inside.

At the roof I spotted a class of pilots trading theirs mechs. But what has proving unexpected for me was that the entire population of the academy was all female. Save for one male.

Activating my scanner I began looked at each of the potential replacements for my pilot. Unfortunately all of them could not meet the requirements. But the male has proven to be more curious than the rest.

While he doesn't fall to the ground more so than the rest of the pilots. He also rises up again with renewed vigor each time. But he does not meet the required prerequisites necessary to be my new pilot.

Backing away I came to the conclusion that must continue with my mission alone. I make it back to the landing point from where I jump and I did so again. I must find a comms tower so that I can contact the militia if it is possible.

Walking away from the academy I walk alongside the beach keeping to the shadows to avoid any unwanted confrontation. I need a temporary home in this world.

During the walk I began to wonder. What was that vision? Or was it a dream? Titans are not meant to hear dreams or visions. We are programmed to calculate the best possible course of action devise plans in nanoseconds.

Yet I am not always calculating. As stopped in my tracks to see that I can up on a abandoned warehouse dock. Aging of the metal calculates that it has been abandoned for 6 years, 7 months, and 29 days.

This will be acceptable for my time here. Now that I have acquired shelter I must find a way to communicate with the militia fleet. Perhaps the internet came provide me with some answers.

In order to access it require a terminal. But I cannot search the city during the day. The best percentage indicates the at midnight is the best of locating one undetected. Therefore I will power down and conserve battery power until midnight arrives.

Commencing sleep mode: activated

Disabling primary function: complete

Initializing sleep mode: in progress

Sleep mode: activated.

??? POV

I stand at the entrance of one of our warehouses in the IS academy. Apparently someone or something was hiding in here.

"So what now? How will we find the culprit?" My assistant asks me.

"I don't know. But for know let's stay on alert. Who knows what we're dealing with." I say as we walk away from the warehouse.

What was hiding in there? And what does it want?