The Long Song Part 1 - Starcrossed

Disclaimer:

This story is loosely inspired by Taeko Tonami's Blood of Judgment and Blood of Agreement. The characters belong to Bittersweet. The plot belong to me.Kong-Art are quite OOC here, because that's my specialty: to bend their characters however I want them to be. Sorry.Anyway, this work is pure fiction and for entertainment purposes only. And of course, no copyright infringement intended.

-----

The dusk was looming, casting a fiery, purplish hue on the sky creating diamonds when it hit the pile of snow on the courtyard. The King, clad in his royal coat, stood against the window of his office. His eyes wandered far.

From where he stood up, he could perfectly see all the landscape where his people lived. A group of houses scattered on the hills; thick smoke piped up from their chimneys in an effort of the occupants to chase away the bitter cold in the dead of winter. Not far from his castle, children laughed merrily as they skated on the frozen river and soon mothers came to pick their kids up to get them ready for dinner.

The hills and the fields were all blanketed by thick snow at the moment, but in the next few months the view would change drastically. He knew it very well, just like the back of his hands.

The hills would go full verdant on spring with groups of wild flowers scattered around. Sheep and cows would lazily move around to graze. Rivers would stream, bringing fishes and small crustaceans from the other side of the region. Fields would go full blast on rapeseed-yellow in spring and turn green in summer for their renowned corn crops. His kingdom wasn't that large, in fact it was the smallest one among the neighboring area. It wasn't the richest either, just enough to suffice their own needs and left a bit resources and harvest to export. Nevertheless, he took his pride of it. His people lived in harmony and in peace for years, and he would do anything to keep it that way.

There was a knock on the door and shortly he could hear his name being called, "Your Highness."

He came back from his reverie, smile pasted on his lips, and slowly a faint blush crept on his cheeks. The timbre in the voice never failed to send shiver down his spine. He schooled his face back before turning around to meet a pair of hazel eyes looking at him as if he was his whole universe. The owner of the eyes briefly bowed his head in full respect.

Stood in front of him was the most loyal and the bravest knight his kingdom had, the youngest son of the Suthilak – one of the most prominent households in his land. He had gone to countless battles to defend the sovereignty of the kingdom and not a single time he returned home defeated. He was also the most sought-after bachelor, only second after the king, because of his reputation, his family background, and his physical appearance.

He was truly a gift to the kingdom, and to the King himself, for behind that professional façade of the King and his Knight, they had been sharing countless steamy moments on each other arms, moaning each other names in the wildest, the most vulnerable state imaginable. He was his one and only love ever since he was still a young prince learning thousands of things at once to prepare himself for the succession. He was his everything, but not today.

"Knight Suthilak," He called, his voice trembled a little. Shortly he signaled his guards to leave them alone. Once they were free from prying eyes, all formalities dropped. The King ran to a pair of open arms that shortly engulfed him in a cocoon-warm embrace. "Kongpob, I miss you," he whispered as he let his olfactory system to be indulged by the scent he'd been longing for God knew how long.

There was no reply, instead, he felt his lips were captured by another pair of soft flesh in the most endearing way. The kiss started slow as if they want to savor each other presence, but slowly it turned into a hot, deep, searing kiss that almost sucked lives out of each other. When their lungs screamed for oxygen, they finally parted. Breath shorts, lips plump, faces flush, hearts beat hundred mile a second.