Running Into A Field Of Flowers With Prince Shoto

"Are you sure, your majesty? This isn't your idea of fun," you tugged at the reins and your mare slowed to a stop. Well, it wasn't your mare, per say. Prince Shoto had been gracious enough to let you ride her; he somehow knew that you loved that mare. You'd probably let it slip during one of your conversations.

"Please, call me Shoto. What exactly is my idea of fun?" You felt his eyes on you as you dismounted. Myabe you could've reworded that. Now it sounded like a passive agressive insult. "Grand balls, dancing to orcheatrated music and beautiful attire. You are a royal, after all." Shoto now stood at your side, taking in everything you said. As you spoke, you couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked in the bright lighting from the sun. The prince's good looks never failed to impress anyone.

"Yes, the music is beautiful, but that's about it. Having to put up with pretentious people who only care about their riches isn't, I'm afraid," Shoto explained. He followed your with his horse as you walked towards the lone tree and you both tied the reins to the sturdy branches so that your horses wouldn't flee. You pointed down below, where a beautiful field of flowers grew. The pop of bright colours from the petals and the scent of spring made it hard for you to hide your smile. You'd always adored flowers ever since you were little. This field was your favourite as there were so many different types of these beautiful blossoms. You could name them all. Now, you'd brought the prince here. He'd merely asked you what your favourite past time was, and you'd told him about this place without thinking.

"Look! The flowers are always so beautiful this time of year. The effortless beauty always amazes me." "Yes, effortless beauty amazes me too." You turned to look at him.

He was already looking at you.

You tried to hide your smile, but you felt so giddy you couldn't hide it that well. Instead, you took his hand and set off into the flowers. Your smile only got bigger as you ran further and you looked back at Shoto. He had frozen in surprise when you took his hand, but was now matching your speed. Your foosteps had scared a few birds that were in between the flowers, which now flew above you two. The rush of serotonin was pure bliss and you let out a shout of excitement. You were surprised to hear Shoto laughing  behind you, and it only fuelled your own.

After a few more steps, you tripped over a small rock and tumbled onto a soft patch of grass. Shoto ended up toppling on top of you, both of you still high on happiness. It took a minute to realise what position the two of you were in. Shoto quickly adjusted himself so that his body weight wasn't on top of you, but his face was still over yours. His smile was so beautiful.

Your chest heaved as you both breathed heavily, the smiles still on your faces. Your heart was working overtime; it felt like it was going to burst out your chest. Shoto's eyes darted to your lips, then back to your eyes. "Do I have permission to kiss you?" You nodded, and he brought his lips to yours in a slow kiss. You were kissing Shoto. Your heart and insides tingled with warmth and you felt his smile as he continued to kiss you.

If things continued the way they did, you knew you'd start falling.

-end. This was longer than usual, but I hope you enjoyed. These are so cliche, oh my word.