Dreams | Denki Kaminari

finished this at 1-2am, idk why i woke up and chose this :') warning of angst and death mentions, in case any of you are sensitive to that! 

Song above is called Skinny Love by Bon Iver. There isn't any space for another song there, but PLEASE listen to Wait by M83 after Skinny Love, it just really made everything hit harder for me.

sleep thru your alarms by lontalius is also rlly good for this :)

Denki could swear he was dreaming.

His body was laying next to your side and his head rested gently on your chest, your fingers raking through his golden hair. You yourself looked so golden to him, like a drop of sweet honey that eased some bitterness in him. The type of sweet that had you smiling from ear to ear, the type you savoured because you knew it wouldn't last long, if ever.

That idea had him grasping onto you tighter, gathering the side of your top in fistfuls. He, for some or other reason, couldn't think of anything that happened before that moment, but he had a feeling that he didn't want to. The fading dull pain in his gut was more than enough of a warning.

The chuckle you let out had his heart squeezing tightly for a second; the sound overwhelming him slightly. It was as if he'd never heard you or your little laughs in a long time and they only fed his longing.

"You're holding onto me so tightly, Denki." Tone gentle and soft, you murmured into his hair as you kissed the top of his head. "I'm right here, y'know."

Denki looked up at your face; the tender smile shaping your lips causing his own small one. Something in him sank; it seemed he'd forgotten just how beautiful you were. With your hair looking flawless, brightness capturing your presence just right and skin glowing, you looked so ethereal.

The moment in itself was so ethereal.

"I know, but I don't want to let go." A small lump in his throat made it a little hard to talk. "I just really missed you. Don't know why, though." The blond snuggled closer to you, inhaling your scent. He wanted to imprint every single little thing into his memory; something in him begged him to.

Just in case you won't be anymore.

"You missed me?" Your fingers continued their movements, somewhat soothing him. "I miss you so much. So happy to see my pretty boy." Denki smiled at the last part, thinking of the first time you had called him that. You hadn't missed the pleasant surprise and happy grin when you uttered the words, so the title of the prettiest boy was dedicated to him from that moment on.

"You still think I'm pretty?" His voice was barely above a whisper. The question had popped up in his head out of nowhere and he didn't know why he had said it. Still, he looked up at you again, hopeful eyes waiting for an answer.

You grinned. "Of course I do! Have you seen your smile? Wow, probably what made me fall in love with you." You laughed at the look on Denki's face. "And your stupid jokes that have me laughing until I'm crying. Yes, even those really bad puns."

Your words only reassured exactly what Denki knew. Just looking up at you in awe, soaking in your presence, his heart only sang and savoured the feeling you gave him.

"There it is. Haven't seen you smile like that in so long." A few moments passed in silence; the comfortable silence that made Denki feel like he belonged in your arms, until it was hesitantly broken by him.

"Uh, Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"This is gonna sound out of the blue, but I feel like I have to say it, otherwise I'm probably gonna hate myself forever." He let out a nervous chuckle, even though he didn't feel like laughing. "You know I love you, right?"