Intro / Worlds Apart

INTRODUCTION TO A SCRIPT'S PARTS AND TERMINOLOGY (this is very brief)

The following story is written as a script. If you are interested in screen writing, now is your chance to see how it is done. Here are a few things to remember in case this is your first time viewing a script:

1. A character is capitalized when introduced for the first time and their names are always capitalized throughout the rest of the script.

2. Descriptions of a character's actions and emotions should be kept to a minimum so as to allow the actors and director their own interpretations. They were included here as part of the audio narration, because there is no visual information.

3. A script does not have the names of the "parts" or chapters included in it. Nor are the slug lines in bold face or the scenes (lines describing the action) italicized. I reformatted it like for publication on here, to make it easier to read.

4. The characters' names would be centered in the page (which apparently isn't an option on here) and all would be a 12 pt Courier font, and their lines would be directly underneath - not as formatted here. The reason for all this formatting in an actual printed script, is that each page translates to about one minute of film time - industry standard in the American movie-making world

SNDFX = means sound effects

EXT = means an exterior location

INT = means an interior location

CU = means 'close up'

The rest is self-explanatory. Incidentally, this script was produced as an audio book, complete with a full cast, a narrator, sound effects and music. It is available for listening on YouTube. You may want to go there and hear how the actors interpreted these characters after you read the story here. It's more fun that way, you get develop your own interpretations of the characters and can compare.

Legal stuff-This script is copyrighted material owned by Jeff Willoughby and CinemaAudio Productions. No duplication in whole or in part is allowed without the written consent of the author. 

Now, without further ado, I give you "Sun Moon Stars Rain". Enjoy! JW

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART 1 - "WORLDS APART"

FADE IN:

SNDFX: A STOCK REPORT and BUSINESS NEWS is heard coming from a radio.                   

EXT. MANSION - LATE FALL - MORNING 

A lavish estate outside the city of Pittsburgh. Long tree-lined drive. Stone wall, gates, GARDENERS raking leaves. 

INT. MANSION

DEREK WUNDERLIN, a 37-year-old businessman, slowly walks down a hardwood hall, his steps reverberating in the big, empty passageway lined with paintings, portraits and accolades, sipping a cup of coffee, looking at his mail. 

A MAID hands him his coat, scarf and gloves.  He hands her the coffee cup and, without saying a word, walks out the front door. 

EXT. MANSION

Derek strolls by his GROUNDSKEEPER who is walking Derek's two SAMOYEDS and, without a smile, pats the dogs on the head.  He looks at his palms and wipes the hair off his gloves by rubbing his hands together.  A limo is waiting in the drive.  He gets in as the CHAUFFER (Harold) holds the door and hands him his briefcase, sits down and opens his briefcase and begins to look at the newspaper.