Missing Persons

PART SIX -SUN MOON STARS RAIN-MISSING PERSONS

EXT. NEWS STAND ON CITY STREET - DAY

A newspaper lies face-up on the stand's counter. It's headline reads "ASI EXECUTIVE MISSING". A subtitle reads "FOUL PLAY NOT RULED OUT". A MAN'S HAND picks up the paper, folds it, and tucks it under his arm and walks away.

INT. DEREK'S MANSION KITCHEN - AFTERNOON

Eleanor is in the kitchen pouring herself a cup of coffee. The Maid is close by. A small television is tuned to the news. A FEMALE ANCHOR PERSON:, begins her report.

FEMALE ANCHOR PERSON:In other news, American Satellite International's CEO, Derek Wunderlin,has been reported missing. Wunderlin failed to show for a meeting with Philippine government officials on Tuesday. No explanation was given by his spokesperson.

Eleanor drops her cup of coffee.

INT. ASI SATELLITE TRACKING CENTER - LATE AFTERNOON

The room is equipped with rows of monitors, each with OPERATORS seated in front of them. A SUPERVISOR walks the rows between them. A television, located at the end of the rows, is broadcasting the news. ALL PERSONNEL, focus their attention to the report.

FEMALE ANCHOR PERSON:

What is known is that Wunderlin's corporate jet left for an unknown destination Friday evening. Reports have confirmed that there was no flight plan filed. Wunderlin failed to check in for a scheduled commercial flight at LAX on Saturday morning.

INT. DEREK'S LIMO - AFTERNOON

Eleanor is riding in the back of the limo looking out the window. The radio is tuned to a news report.

RADIO DJ'S VOICE:It is not known at this time if Wunderlin's private jet has crashed or if it has landed safely at an undisclosed, remote location.

Harold looks in the rearview mirror at Eleanor.

RADIO DJ'S VOICE:In a similar, but apparently unrelated incident...

INT. DINER - AFTERNOON

The radio is on broadcasting the news report as PATRONS eat their food.

RADIO DJ'S VOICE:(continuing)...Five at Five vacation winner Maggie Bazarnik, has been reported missing from her hotel in Aruba. The local woman was last seen sailing from a beach location in Sint Nicolaas, Aruba on Saturday morning...

The report catches Rosie's attention. She stops serving food and turns her head toward the radio.

INT. JESSE'S APARTMENT - AFTERNOON

Jesse is listening to the radio as he is folding laundry.

RADIO DJ'S VOICE:(continuing)...inclement weather had impeded search and rescue operations until today. But after an extensive search in and around Aruba, search crews have confirmed that there was no wreckage found from the small boat. Miss Bazarnik is still officially listed as missing.

Jesse is focused intently and is shocked at what he has just heard coming over the radio.

INT. ASI - LATE AFTERNOON

Eleanor is walking very determinedly through the entrance and lobby of the huge corporate building, a stern expression on her face.She takes the elevator and gets to the floor where her son's office is located and continues her pace and attitude as she goes by countless EMPLOYEES. All of them with a concerned look on their faces, as they recognize who she is. She goes to the door of Carolyn's office.