The Town Where Everything Began

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Summary: The Survey Corps group returns and watches Attack on Titan Season 3 Part II. [No Pairings]

READ THIS! This story will contain manga-related SPOILERS and is NOT for ANIME watchers! It is the sequel to "Power to Strive" and "Power to Strive II" so read those two first or you'll be lost and confused!

|~|

"You're going to wear a hole into the ground."

Eren continued pacing in the empty mess hall. "What if the commander can't make it in time? What if he's five minutes late and the TV won't start?"

"He'll make it," Petra told him. "And if he doesn't, I'm sure the TV will still work."

I hope so. There were so many things yet to be discovered, so many questions still left unanswered. Not for the first time, his mind went over the strange memories that had left his younger self in tears in the first episode. No matter how much he wracked his brain Eren couldn't figure it out. Armin and Mikasa were equally stumped about it. "Hopefully, after everything that went down the past week, these future episodes will still be relevant."

"It would have been nice if they adjusted to the changes we've made so far, they would be more accurate, but we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth."

"Yeah, I guess. We still have an overwhelming advantage."

"We should get going now," Petra said, standing. "Everyone else should be there already."

As a precaution, they'd decided to arrive at the room in separate groups and at different times. No one was willing to compromise the TV at any cost.

To their relief, everyone else was already present, including the commander, who had fortunately made it back from his trip just in time.

Sasha and Connie already had their plates piled with food, of course.

Everyone went to their respective spots. Jean, Armin, Mikasa, and Eren took the middle couch. On the left couch sat Sasha, Connie, Historia, and Ymir. Over on the right couch, Petra, Levi, Hange, and Erwin made themselves comfortable

"How's the package?" Levi asked the commander.

"Nice and secure under the watchful eye of Pixis and Mike's squad."

"We were worried for a bit there that you wouldn't make it." Hange held up the card in her hand. "Or someone might see this."

"Tell me about it," Jean said, patting his jacket's breast pocket. "I was so paranoid I took mine into the showers." He and the others hadn't wanted to risk tossing the cards into the fire in case it would un-invite them.

I hope the future is still predictable and controllable from the changes we made. Armin had laid awake in bed, running through all kinds of scenarios in his head, but ultimately, without watching the upcoming future episodes, they wouldn't know if it was still salvageable.

"Things went mostly according to plan." Historia mentally went over the differences between what they had seen on the TV and what had actually gone down. "And it was a considerable improvement over how things went originally."