Chapter 27

꧁꧂

My eyes flicker open softly. I look around the room. I can tell by the smell of the cleanliness and the beeping of the machines that I am in hospital.

I try to move but my body feels tight and sore. My hand clenches and I feel something. I look down, to see Kaiser. His head is resting on the mattress and facing me. His eyes are shut.

"Kaise," I whisper as my voice is dry.

His eyes open. "Oh my God, you're awake!" He sits up. "Here, here. Drink some water!" He hands me a bottle of water and I sip it carefully.

"What's up?" I ask whilst I lick my lips to add moisture to them.

He smirks. "You been knocked out for three days and finally wake up and you ask, 'whats up?'" He chuckles.

"Yeah." I say, sipping more water. My mouth feels like paste. "Christ do you have some chewing gum?" My mouth tastes like shite.

"One sec, I think I saw Molly with some mints." He exits the room quickly and enters back in with an audience. "Sorry everyone wants to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine guys." I grin. "Not even sore." Bonnie and Molly stand at my other side with big grins. Molly holds my hand.

"You're a fucking trooper." Gold laughs.

"Are you all here for me?" I look around all of them. I can't help but notice Andy isn't here. "Where's Andy?"

"He was injured in the fight." Bates says, placing his hands on the bottom of my bed.

"Is he okay?" I ask with widen eyes. Bates and Kaiser look amongst each other and then back at me. Oh no, he isn't, is he?

"Babe, it's important you don't blame yourself-"

"He's dead?" I gasp.

Kaiser looks at the ground and nods slowly. "After you passed out. The final three blokes surrendered but one decided last minute he'd attempt something stupid. He shot him in the head."

"Did he at least die?" I ask. "The guy who shot him?"

He nods and smiles sadly. "Yeah, I-I took him out."

The room goes quiet. No one knows what to say or if they should say anything. Just the 8 of us in silence respecting the death of our friend and colleague. Him and Bates were practically brothers.

"Anyway," Bates clears his throat. "I went back for the money myself seeing as Gold forgot it."

"Mate did you see those grenades though," Gold laughs, looking at me with a knowing look.

"I saw Javier." Bates grins and burst into a small, single laugh. "That must be one of the sickiest kills I have ever seen in my life April." He chuckles. "You are definitely one of us."

"Chain around the neck." Fury laughs. "That would have really hurt him. I wouldn't wanna go like that."

"Good. I hope his death was painful after everything he's put me through." I smile pathetically, still feeling deflated about Andy's death.

"I wish I was there to see it. I bet it was hot to watch!" Kaiser smirks and winks at me.

Gold raises his hand. "I was there and it was."

"Oi," Kaiser barks at him whereas I laugh.

"Thanks for being here for when I woke up guys." I smile.