Chapter 38

We were out for what seemed like hours. A couple of times we got off to shoot walkers. I didn't realise how warm it has gotten to be. It was now mid February and it was already getting warm again. I was happy though.

This trip was taking longer than I thought. It was like 4:00 in the afternoon and I was getting tired and hungry. From time to time I fed Gale apples while we were riding. Ugh.

We finally turned to a corner and I sighed in relief. I looked as the big gate had opened up. I saw a bunch of houses. There was a fighting arena, and lots of watch towers. I was impressed. It was pretty cool and safe.

I got off my horse and was immediately greeted by all these people. I was taken into the big house and was put in my room. I started unpacking when I saw a girl at my doorway. I jumped a little and she started laughing.

"Sorry, it's something I take pleasure in." She laughed. I nodded and put my picture frame of my family on a shelf.

"Whats your name?" She asked me. She had on a half sleeve Sleeping With Sirens shirt on and black ripped skinny jean with converse. Her hair was cut kinda short with some red highlights in them.

"Lilly." I said putting my arm out. "I'm Brianna. Call me Bri, Anna, Ana, Bri-Bri, Brina, whatever." She said. "Nice to meet you." I said.

I was definitely going to like it here.