Chapter 44

I was so tired from yesterday. I hot punched in the nose and kicked in the gut. I rolled out of bed and looked in the mirror. I saw my nose kind of black and blue as was my gut. Ugh I looked ugly.

I put on one of Brianna's long sleeve black shirts with my black leggings and my boots. It was kind of starting to get warmer out, but still too cold for t shirts.

I ate breakfast with Michonne and Rick. They asked me questions if Carl was any better. I shook my head no. I didn't want to tell them what happened the other day. We were so close too. Unless if he just wanted to diss me like the asshole he's been ever since he broke up with me.

I trained today with Zach. I was starting to like him as a friend, as was he. He was still rowdy, but he got the message too. I was working hard today. He was teaching me more moves in how to block my opponents, which I was having trouble with.

I missed his shot and fell to the floor. "Shit. I'm never going to get better at this I said lying on my back. He smiled and helped me up.

"Just think of me as someone you really hate. Someone who you'd kill to make them feel the pain you do. Someone who you want to rot in the next world, and rot slowly and miserably.

You would know who I was thinking of. Yes I saved her the other day but it still doesn't excuse her bitchy self. I looked at him and pretended he was Enid. I kicked and punched and he stumbled back.

I snapped out of it when I saw he was tired. "I'm sorry! I just get too much into it. I can't help it sometimes!" I said helping him up.

"It's alright. That was better! Just make sure you don't stretch your leg too much or you'll pull a muscle or a hamstring."

I remembered when I did karate I pulled one and had to sit out for two weeks. It was painful.

We patrolled the gate and I met one of the other kids Mickey. He was a rowdy boy too. But he knew everything about everyone. He's the one to go to for information. We were totally hitting it off. Not as lovers, as friends.

I asked him if he could just let me know what happens during Carl and Enid's relationship.

"I gotchu bruh." He said nodding patting my shoulder.

I showered and got ready for bed. I was sound asleep when I felt Mickey push me awake.

He told me they were just kissing and laughing in their rooms, but having little talks about me. Enid was rude, and all Carl did was agree.

"It seemed like he wasn't so interested in talking about you. He actually said that she shouldn't talk about you like that. It actually hurts him sometimes."

"Wow. Mickey, you are really good." I said astonished.

"I know. Hey, I gotta go. See you at breakfast!"

He left and I talked with Brianna about it. "What did I tell you?" She said smugly. Gosh. Everyone here has a gift.