𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘: interlocking connections

𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤:
' interlocking connections '

• • • •

Tuesday 18th of October.

    A rather special day for the pair of junior detective that had just initiated their beginnings as a investigation company, incentivised by the note that had been very carefully placed into the package of an En-hyper 300.

A slow yet bright morning had blessed the pair as they proceeded to continue to follow each day like the previous, scavenging for clues as to what they could do to save the man that had requested for Riki's help. Sure, it could have been a prank, but, to at least the pair of youthful detectives, this plea of help was anything but a stunt for amusement.

      "Jungwon hyung, found anything suspicious yet? This was apparently the library that Mr Choi had visted frequently, as per our source said." The blonde quietly whispered, his leather gloves lightly tracing over the small crevices within the desk, in search of any hidden messages.

      "Nothing that could lead us anywhere." Lifting his head up from the bookshelf, he shrugged, feeling a sense of despair and disappointment as the autumn breeze gently flew past the fatigued pair. Even at the bustling hour of 3 o'clock, there was still no sign of living life existing as barely anyone had even stepped foot out of their houses.

Yet, there was still an array of hope within both of the boys faces as they continued to scavenge within the half dilapidated library that had been forced to close down for renovation purposes, much to the misery of Mr Choi. This library had been a second home to him, sheltering him and his ideas that had been casted away for decades.

     "I guess we better check later, the renovation workers are going to be furious if we keep messing up their 'creative space'." Jungwon laughed loudly, earning a quick slap of Riki's hand as he attempted to muffle the raven-haired's loud cries of joy. The blonde knew that almost every time his hyung began to laugh, the renovation workers would instinctively run towards them to charge them out.

     With a couple more seconds to spare, Jungwon had finally regulated himself back from his giddy self and was ready to slowly sneak themselves out, only for the pair to be awaited by the workers themselves, ready to lecture them about the importance of mind your own business and the unethical measures caused by trespassing.

     But, as being the two youngest detectives around, they were prone to getting a lot of attention. Perhaps a bit to much, according to Jake's Just News Newspapers that came out every Sunday at teatime. However, with the attention garnered them a couple more friends that assisted them when needed the most.

     "I'll be taking them." Coming out of what perhaps looked like the abyss of shadows, another raven-haired male blurted out, his nametag of 'Park Jong-Seong' glimmering and bathing in the golden light that shone down from up above. Jongseong, preferably known as Jay, was often known for his incredible skills in networking, mainly for those who were deemed as newfound talents in society.

      "JAY HYUNG! Just in time, you always know when to save us." The blonde giggled with relief, much to the amusement of the raven-haired as he soon laughed too, gently slapping the back of his younger friend. Jungwon's eyes slowly wondered towards the pair, watching how they slowly drifted off into the distance before realising he, himself, had to go follow them, almost following the role of Sunoo whenever him and Riki went out on investigation.

      Slightly out of breath, the shorter raven-haired managed to catch up with the other two, desperately trying to fit in between the couple who barely had enough room to capacitate for the leather messenger bag that swung around Jay's waist. Despite the lack of space between the pair, Jungwon had snugly stuck himself between the two, instinctively feeling the need to absorb himself in their conversation.

"When are you two going to explore any other cases? It's kinda getting boring hearing the same thing every week." Dryness tainting his usually cheerful voice, Jay's eyes wondered over to the train stations that thrived with contemporary ideas despite being an area of high congestion, pondering if any of those ideas could possibly spark a change within his two younger friends.

      Although Jay was known to be the pair's biggest supporters in terms of networking them to others, he did feel a sense of urgency to push them towards other cases. After all, he was aiming to gain some sort of positive result from his lavish indulgence with the two gleeful boys as their new found friend and their possible escape route from trouble.

      A small glance was shared between the blonde and the raven-haired as they quickly attempted to come up with some sort of reasoning for their delay in progress. Of course, they wanted to try new cases yet, the sense of incompleteness always clawed at them, begging for some sort of solace despite it having almost a 0.0001% chance of being relieved.

      "We'll take new ones." Jungwon blurted out in the spur of the moment, feeling slightly intimidated by the older raven-haired's lack of expression on his face as his badge glimmered again, almost boasting itself. With another gulp of anxiousness, he solidified his statement as he, with faux confidence, brushed the dust of his shoulders and wandered off, attempting to follow the footsteps of the older man that he was aiming to impress.

       "Alright. I'm glad you made your decision quickly, that's very unlike you two." A slight snigger clogged up his serious tone as he gently hugged the pair of boys, feeling a sense of progress and excitement for the two as they embarked on finally something different after the previous weeks of monotonous searching for what was, at least in Jay's eyes, the impossible.

       And with that their ventures to complete the incomplete had begun.

• • • •

𝐀/𝐍:

i am so sorry for how long i haven't updated anything for, i had a mini writer's block but i'm back, at least to write some what at a better pace than before where i would write a chapter per two months :,𝖣𝖣

now we shall get into a bit more plot and hopefully the rest of enha get in the story bc we need them to be here immediately :> hope you have a wonderful day/night wherever you are, stay safe!

━ @/ᴍɪɴᴀ