𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘: understanding inspection

𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖥𝖨𝖵𝖤:
' understanding inspection '

• • • •

     Truthfully, Jungwon wanted to blurt out some sort of phrase in denial. Surely, Riki hadn't come to such a conclusion without his crucial information. Surely, he hadn't come to a conclusion without him.

     "We had 3 suspects to interrogate: Mr Han Jiseol, vice president of the party which acted in opposition of the late Mr Kim, Mrs Kim Ahyi, the wife of the late Mr Kim and very oddly enough, Mr Park Sunghoon, a man who was suspiciously inside the Head's house-"

      "I was just trying to finish the ice-sculpture he was making me do." Out of annoyance, the platinum blonde blurted out, standing up from his seat in the interrogation room. Leaving the room was a tall figure, perhaps taller than what Jungwon expected from his whines previously.
Possessing a name tag which glimmered in the light like sparkling ice, the raven-haired bowed his head slightly.

     "That's besides the point. I believe that the main culprit of this case is not just one person. No, it is a combined effort between two of the suspects that are currently here." Almost triumphantly, Riki proudly grinned after his statement, earning a growl from Sunghoon beside him.

     "I better not be apart of the presumptive duo that you've made up." Sunghoon shouted, his eyes meeting with Jungwon's. And with that brief moment of eye contact, the raven haired knew that this was a man that he would prefer not to challenge, despite his current position giving him a rightful opportunity to do so.

      The next hour and a half seemed to be a blur for Jungwon. Constant arguing from Sunghoon and Riki most definitely caused him to lose some brain cells. Even Hyuntae seemed oddly disturbed after a while, despite probably having experienced disputes for a longer period of time than the raven-haired could have ever been used to.

"Riki, maybe it's time to take a break." Jungwon stated bitterly, attempting to remove the blonde out of the interrogation room. Stubbornly, he planted his left foot into the ground, hoping it could stop him from being dragged away by Jungwon. Alas, it couldn't.

      Walking out of the interrogation room and to Hyuntae's office was by far one of the most awkward moments they had experienced. Both hoped for the other to instigate a conversation, perhaps relying on each other too much that the time passed was wasted in awkward silence.

"So what did you find?" The blonde blurted out, his voice tinged with slight annoyance, clearly upset over being dragged during what he viewed as the crucial part of his interrogation. Despite his initial desire to tell him, Jungwon stayed silent.

      Maybe it was fear that had struck him at that moment. Maybe it was sadness that had kept his mouth sealed. Maybe it was the feeling of unease that made his heart drop for a brief moment. Whatever it was, the raven-haired deeply wished that it would disappear and never comeback again.

"Come on Jungwon, I don't have the time to just dawdle around. Tell me what you found out." And just like that, Jungwon was snapped back into reality, his mind drowned in thoughts once more. "It's something important." He blurted out in response.

       "Of course I know it's important Jungwon. What is it?" The impatience almost characterised on his face, Riki sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, making a mental note that she should probably dye his hair again before his natural roots come out.

       "Mr Kim was said to have ingested antibiotics and alcohol which caused his death to occur, the gunshot afterwards was just a precaution to make sure he was dead." Jungwon stated at a speed unbeknownst to him, watching as how the blonde haired spiralled into a trance of walking in circles.

The next few minutes were filled with awkward silence and quick bried stares between Hyuntae and Jungwon. At first, Jungwon approached the door to leave but was met with resistance from Hyuntae, who pleaded insanity if he stayed any minute longer alone with the blonde. Feeling guilty, the raven-haired slowly approached the seat next to Hyuntae with an awkward silenece surrounding the two.

The raven haired had met Hyuntae before. Probably too long ago for the poor man to remember. Jungwon remembered how his eyes softened everytime he saw Jungwon at the gate of the police station. Remembering how he would give him a warm blanket everytime he would come, telling him random stories about his life as an young officer who was often underpaid by the sounds of it. Remembering how many times he reassured the little boy that he would find his mother one day, no matter what happens.

       But alas, the day never came.

      Or hasn't yet in Jungwon's hopeful eyes.

• • • •

"Soooo... How did you two meet?" Breaking the unbearable silence, Hyuntae locked eyes with Jungwon. To say the least, neither of the two truly wanted to start a conversation. But, seeing as the extenuating circumstances of Riki's rambling, a conversation would probably help distract them both.

      "We met because of a mix up of deliveries."

      "Oh wow. What were the deliveries? It would be funny if they were -"

      "- A game console. We both ordered the same game and it was unfortunate that they got sent to the wrong houses."

       "Which game? You know I play a lot of games. Of course, only in my free time. I would definitely not be playing while on the job. That would be ridiculous, right?"

       "En-hyper 300. But he got scammed."

       "Wow. That's so cool. Not the scamming part, that's not cool at all. Definitely not funny whatsoever."

        Then again the awkward silence. Jungwon didn't know whether to blame his poor ability to keep conversations going or the lack of interest he had within the conversation. Either way, he felt fine with the awkward silence and the awkward glances. For him, it felt almost normal to experience.

        "EVERYONE I THINK I GOT A VERY GOOD LEAD NOW."

• • • •

i am so sorry that i haven't wrote something in years 😭😭 i just have bad writing skills so i refuse to write but i will try to redeem myself hopefully. maybe.

      also very sorry for anyone who reads this book and is like u never update :( but like
anyways it isn't good so like u do not need to be waiting for this 🤨

also yes i did just make both of them known hyuntae but in different ways bc why not and he is slightly older than Jungwon and Riki too 😎

      have a good day/night wherever u are :)

━ @/ᴍɪɴᴀ