Chapter 13: Changes

I don't own Percy Jackson or Young Justice.

It was a few days after the Wayne gala.

The debrief had gone...well. Batman didn't punish them, so the team saw it as a win. They did get extra training pushed into their schedules though.

At the moment, they were all resting after one such training session. Laying around the common room, Kaldur observed his teammates.

After many training sessions and overall time spent with the team, he noticed a few things that changed in their dynamic. All of which occured after Tidal Wing had joined.

For one, Megan and Conner were becoming easier to handle. Megan was getting used to how Earth worked, learning to respect boundaries. He assumed it had to do with Tidal Wing bluntly telling her what was considered invasive. Meanwhile, Conner was becoming less aggressive. He wasn't sure if that had anything to do with the new member or not. Something he was sure of though, was that the anger would most certainly flare up if Superman showed.

Artemis had become even more closed off from the team since Tidal's arrival. He didn't know if it was caused by jealousy, or some other reasons. He had his suspicious though. He also noticed that the blonde girl threw more verbal jabs at Wally than before.

Speaking of Wally, the boy was ignoring those jabs. While he would usually rise to the bait and start an argument with the archer, he had stopped. Now, he would just scoff or roll his eyes. On occasion he would return the snarky or witty remarks of the blonde. The ones he always returned though, were the ones of the raven haired girl.

Finally, there was Robin. He seemed much more relaxed and tame than he had ever been before. At least, with the team. He was almost certain that this came from being around Tidal Wing. He felt as though her assumed death had affected him greatly, although he wasn't sure of the relationship between the two.

There was something he noticed a lot though. Wally and Robin almost always followed Tidal Wing's lead. Be it purposely or subconsciously.

Whenever the trio was together during group training, they fell into a rhythm. Tidal Wing would always take the lead. He had to admit though, the trio worked more as a team than the whole team did.

He was worried it might become a problem on the field. He just had to wait for a mission and see. Hopefully, nothing went too bad.

Sorry that this was so short. Writer's block sucks.

Stay whelmed cupcakes -j.d