Chapter 2

The sun felt good on my scales it's been I don't know many years it's been since I've been outside. I've only had a heat lamp outside my cage.
"Look I know your probably scared but this is your new life now. So get in the car"

He opens the door to a small black car. To say I was scared was an understatement. He was right it's my new life. I climbed in the car.

"Buckle up"

I looked at him blankly

"Come on kid did t they teach you anything" he said leaning over me. I started to breath faster but he look this thing and clicked it in leaving me strapped to the seat

"That's called a seatbelt"

To be honest I knew what it was but I nodded anyway. In my defense I never herd anyone say buckle up before that's why I was confused I'm not that dumb. I watched as he got in the car and fastened his seatbelt. He started the car and we where off to bod knows where.

"Um m-master where are we g-going" I say shakily

"So it can talk"
"I'm not an it I'm a he"
"Alright boy, we are going home to my daughters birthday party"
"S-sounds fun"
"Yes well your her birthday gift"
I stayed silent. Great I'm the pet of a girl.

"What's your name kid"
"Kendall"
"Well Kendall my daughter is turning 18 today so I thought I'd get her something special"
"Ok" I reply hanging my head
"How old are you"
"18"
"Great you'll get along"
I looked out the window to see lots of trees and mountains it was quite beautiful. We soon came up to what I could call a mansion with a large pond out front surrounded by roses and a huge maze of shrubs.
"We are here now don't touch or do anything without my permission until I hand you over to my daughter"
"S-sir"
"Ya"
"Does she like snakes"
"Where did that come from kid"
"I'm part snake"
"Right right ya she loves dragons and stuff and she had a pet snake so I'm sure she will love you"
"Oh o-ok"
"Not get out of the car I need to prepare you"

I followed his order and got out of the car. I stood still for a moment to soak up the suns rays.

"Come on kid I don't have all day"
"S-sorry" I follow the man into the mansion. It was HUGE the inside was all red and gold. Golden floors and red furniture even the curtains where red with golden flowers. Don't forget the dining table that had red table cloth with gold napkins. I must have been taking to long because I felt a tug on my neck. Great he was holding onto my leash again. I stopped looking and followed him. He stopped at the bottom of a very long stair case and took a left. Once inside the room I noticed it was a bathroom. I stood still I have never seen myself all my life I'm scared.

"S-sir"
"Ya kid"
"Please don't make my look in the mirror I'm not ready"
"Not ready for what"
"I've never a-actually seen myself before"
"Don't worry I'll do it there just stay still"

I watched as he got a comb and put water on it. He came closer to my and I used my third eyelid to protect my eyes. He did this multiple times till he was satisfied and fixed my cloths to make me look "presentable"

"Hope you don't mind kid" he said tying a bow around my neck. I knew humans saw us as pets but did they forget they created us! No one cares anymore. Now humans have a choice. If they get the virus they can either try fighting it or get the vaccine that turns them.

"Come kid time to meet your owner"
"Yes sir"

I followed him till he signaled me to stop

"Alright I'm honor of your 18th birthday I got you a very special gift please turn around and close your eyes my dear"

I couldn't see anything from around the corner but I assume she did as she was told. The man came back into view and tugged at me leash telling me to walk. I slowly followed him back outside. There where hundreds of eyes on me and when I say hundreds I mean it. We seem to be walking toward a girl in the middle of the path she had very long blond hair with orange/ gold stripes in it. The man let go and pushed my in front of him.

"Alright sweetheart open your eyes and turn around"

As she turned around it's like the world was going in slow Motion. When her golden eyes met mine I knew. I knew.