Chapter 3

I stared into her golden eyes. They were mesmerizing.
"Oh, daddy!! I love him" she said coming over to hug me. I had never really been hugged so I stood in her arms awkwardly. For a girl she hugs hard I'll tell you that much.
"P-please let me go mistress your hurting me"
"He speaks to!! Hi there my names Mary what's yours"
"K-Kendall"
"Nice to meet you in your new master or what you would call mistress as you stated"
I stood there waiting for a signal to do something.
"Your shy huh! That's alright. Come I'll take you to your new room"
I get a room? Maybe I'm just overthinking things it's probably a cage in her bedroom. She leads me into the house and into a room. Now when I say this room was cat lady crazy I mean it. Cat wallpaper, cat toys, cat plushies, cat bed set, cat pictures on the walls and not to mention the Siamese cat sleeping peacefully on her bed.
"You'll share my room for now I'll get the extra mattress!!"
Again I stood waiting for her next command.
"You know you can talk to me I don't bite. Also, I know you're scared but don't be I'm not like the others who see hybrids as pets. I only act that way because my father is in the pet business he's a CEO of one of the hybrid pet companies"
"Ok"
"Also just so we are clear I see you as a friend, not as a pet and I hope you see me as a friend to not just your owner"
"But mistress I am just a pet won't you get in trouble as treating me like well a human"
"When we are alone call me Mary and it's only when we are alone"
"Yes mis- I mean Mary"
"And yes I very well can but I don't care I don't like the idea of having a human for a pet even if the human looks like an animal"
I look at Mary maybe just maybe we could be friends and me not just a pet. that is if her father would go for it.
"could you help me move this thing it's heavy!"
"yes Mary" I say walking to where she was. she opened her closet door and started to pull out the mattress. I grabbed one side and pulled it out onto the floor.
"There now all we need are some sheets!!"

*knock knock*

"Hey Mary are you in there sweetie"
"Yes daddy!"
"The guests are waiting for you to come back down honey please come back"
"Be right there!"
"Well I guess we will finish this later Huh Kendall"
I stay silent looking at her.
"Come this party won't last to much longer!"
She grabbed my leash
"I won't pull alright just follow me and call me mistress"
"Yes mistress"
I followed her back downstairs and into the backyard. The bow around my neck moved in the slight wind reminding me I was seen not just as a pet to these people but as a gift. I followed marry around never leaving her side. I was scared but time seemed to go by pretty fast. Soon everyone left and the party was over.
"Hey Kendall" marry said gaining my attention
"Yes mistress"
"You haven't eaten anything since you got here you must be starving"
I looked down. I was used to not eating. Sometimes the pet master "forgets" you just to keep you weak to let you know you need them to survive. It was sicking.
"Kendall are you alright" she asked placing a hand on my exposed shoulder. I jumped surprised.
"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you"
I looked at here worried face.
"I-it's fine mistress"
"I will ask again are you hungry"
I nodded
"Good follow me I'll get you something to eat"
I followed her into the kitchen. I watched as she made a pp&j sandwich.
"Here" she said handing me the sandwich.
"Thanks" I said before eating it.
"We need to get you some new clothes"
I stood there staring at her. My clothes? What's wrong with.... Ya just a long shirt is not the best.
"O-ok" I reply.