Chapter 5

I woke up to banging on a door. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Shoot I'm so late!" Marry said running around the room.
"Mrs marry would you like some help"
"No Kendall and please be quite father is at the door"
I nodded in repose

"Marry today is very important make sure you also bring your pet"

"Yes father"

Again with that word "pet" I mean technically that's what I am but it seemed nice to be treated like an equal for once. I watched as marry changed and put my bed away.

"Listen kendall I'll have to act differently torwrd you while out in public please don't take it to personal."
"Ok.."
"You good"
"Yes mistress" I said preparing myself for the day. I didn't have much to do since I was wearing my same old cloths and collar. My hair I combed down with my hands hoping it looked good.

"Marry we have to go"

"I'm ready!" Marry said and clipped my leash on me. I followed her to the door. When she opened it I saw a distressed father he sent a little glare my way reminding me to not look him in the eyes. Today I'm a pet not a friend. With my head down I started to walk behind marry and her father. We ended up in the dining room where Marty sat down at the table, since I was trained I kneeled next to her waiting and hoping i would be fed this morning. As breakfast was served I got a pet bowl filled with nice fresh fruits and some bread with butter on it. I felt like I was dreaming this was the nicest breakfast I've ever gotten. Granted in reality to there food it was pathetic but hey it's better than what I got before so I'm happy.
"You may eat"
I guessed I spaced out but when Marty said those words I didn't waste one second and scarfed it down.
"Easy there you'll get sick if you eat like that"
But is was to late by the time she said those words the food was gone. I wasn't given a napkin so I used my old shirt. Still looking down I thanked marry
"Thank you mistress for the food"
"Your welcome Kendall" she replied petting my head. Her fingers went though my hair and it felt nice. I wish I was a normal human so I could sit at the table and on a chair, go out  and learn how the world actually worked before this stupid vaccine. My mother told me stories of the world before this horrible problem. That was before I got taken from her. I sat silently while marry and her father finished breakfast. It wasn't to much longer before they where done. As marry stood up her father started talking.
"Are you excited sweetie?"
"Ya I guess I mean I'm a bit nervous"
"Well don't be! your my daughter after all!"
"That's what makes me nervous."
I shifted uncomfortably watching there interaction.
"Come sweetie grab your pet and let's go"
Marry got up and I quickly followed. She walked into the living room grabbing my old leash from the coffee table. When out eyes met I could tell she was sad, I quickly put my head down as to not anger her or her father, mostly her father.
" Come on kendall be a good boy for me today"
She said leading me out the door. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest I've never really been outside and if I had it was when I was being transported to the pet shop then here. The sun was shining again and it felt amazing on my scales.
"Kendall come!"
"Sorry mistress" I said noticing I stopped. I quickly walked my way back to her side.
"Now marry the pet business is very big and your very lucky that I am the CEO of one of the biggest pet companies there is."
"Yes I know"
"Well there's a lot more that I have to do to keep this company alive and that includes keeping all of our customers happy."
"What about the pets?"
"Well they need to be healthy that's important too"
Marry looks over at me and pets my head
"Your attached to him alertly"
"Of corse I am he's so pretty!!"
"Good"
Suddenly a car pulled up. The driver can out and opened the door for marry and her father. I wonder what happened to her mother?
"Kendall in" marry demanded. I got in the car and pulled my knees up to my chest. I'm so scared to see where her dad works.
"It's ok buddy no need to be scared"
That didn't help my anxiety though.