Chapter 6

*Natsu's P.O.V*

''Natsuuuu'' Happy whined, flying slowly ''are you sure she headed this way?'' Uncertainty in his voice ''of course she did, my nose never lies'' I reassured him, tapping my nose softly ''but we've been trying to track her for a while now'' Happy continued to whine. ''I know bu-'' I was stopped mid sentence when the scent got even stronger. I looked up and was barely able to dodge a punch to the face. ''Heh, you're quite fast'' [Y/N] mocked, her orange exceed floating besides her. I just stood there though, just taking in her beauty. ''Natsu...'' Happy whispered in my ear ''this isn't the time to get distracted.'' Coming back to my senses, I shook my head, getting rid of these strange thoughts I had for this mysterious girl. ''We're not gonna hurt you'' I tried to reassure [Y/N] but I only got a scoff as a reply. ''Sure, you're not. Then why did you follow me?'' I paused, trying to think of the reason Erza said earlier but before I could think of it, a fist tried to make contact with my face again and this time, I wasn't quick enough to doge it and I was sent a few feet back.''Natsu!'' Happy shouted, concerned. He started flying towards me but I stopped him and gave my attention back to [Y/N] ''Like I said before; we're not gonna hurt you. We only want to talk'' I tried to reason -slightly in pain- rubbing the area on my face where it hurt 'man, she sure can punch'. I didn't get a response though, just [Y/N] running towards me with determination in her eyes. I kept dodging her punches, uppercuts and kicks. Getting hit in the process sometimes, but I still stood my ground, not laying a single finger on her.

After about ten minutes she stopped, panting hard. ''What's with you pinky? You're a mage aren't you? Act like one.'' she taunted. [Y/N] ran towards me again, her fist raised but before she could get to me, I grabbed her hand and looked her dead in the eye. She tried to raise the other one, but I caught that too. She didn't look worried or scared though, she just had an unreadable expression and that scared me a bit but I wouldn't let that distract me. I broke our eye contact and looked down at the floor. ''Fighting...isn't just all what mages do. We help people, go on jobs, make new friends, have adventures but we also have fun while doing it. A guild is more than just mages, it's a place where you can call home...and the guild members; your family''. I told her, with a calm voice. I now looked up at her and saw that her eyes were wide, sadness filled in them, her teeth clenched slightly and her arms shaking in my hands but then going limp. I stared into those deep pools of [e/c] and let go of her hands. ''Now, I'll tell you one more time; we're not gonna hurt you, we just wanna talk all right?'' She looked down, avoiding my gaze, let out a 'tch' noise and nodded slightly. I couldn't help but smile at her. ''Perfect'' I said, happiness laced in my voice, giving her a friendly smile. ''Now, lets go meet the others.''