e n d (bonus chapter [3])

(A/N: as said last chapter, if you don't want a sad ending, I suggest you stay away TvT

Luckily, or unfortunately for angst wanters, it's short. Very short.)

The silence is too loud.

Too loud.

Maybe it wasn't all quiet. There was still the rustling of leaves and the creak of the gate as the cold autumm wind blew against his never fading teal hair, against his never aging face, against his tearful golden eyes, which blinked periodically to keep the dust from getting into them.

Or was it ashes?

Xiao sat down at the base of the stone slab that seemed to tower over him in his position, the words carved on it mocking him, for it was the only memory of him.

His phone that lay in his pocket vibrated, and following it was a beautiful song sang by the most beautiful voice ever, breaking the fragile silence.

It was an outdated song, by now. No one really listens to it anymore, its era was long over. The number of people who listens to it drops everyday, and Xiao thinks that he would be the only one who will remain, the only person willing to put his songs on repeat again and again.

The adeptus lidded his eyes, the tears that gathered in his eyes slipping down his cheeks silently.

He wants to say something, anything, but every single word felt stuck at the base of his throat, just like the flowers so long ago.

The flowers, huh? Are they going to come back? His hands tightened on the flowers in his hand at the thought.

It's so hard to fight past the growing lump in his throat just to speak, so hard not to break into painful tears because he knows that when he starts, he wouldn't be able to stop.

So he doesn't say anything. He just sat there, staring blankly at the tombstone, waiting.

Waiting for Venti to come along and comfort him, to tell him that he's there and he would stay with him for the rest of his eternal life.

But the only thing that came along were the frigid winds of the lonely autumn.

***

He should have expected this. 

He did.

He has been through this. 

He has. 

So many times.

So why does it hurt so much?

***

A lone cecilia lay on the ground as the night fell, and this was the time where the stars above were supposed to be making its entrance, painting the dark blue canvas with little white dots.

But today, the night sky was empty.

The winds that night has never been lonelier.

.

.

.

(A/N: So this fic has finally ended! (for the second time, and no, i still got alt. endings to work on TvT)

As said in my twitter, this was supposed to be short. ehe I just wanted to drop angst in one blow instead of dragging it out :D

It's probably not as painful than what I usually write, but can I just say, this meant that Xiao is probably going die - by the Hanahaki disease :D (yes I am that evil)

And don't come for my head I gave you the warning TvT

so is this a bad ending or a good ending? i have no idea, because the official is good, but the bonus is bad, so....T-T

Follow my twitter? ehe (https://twitter.com/Celestialstar3_) OR  search me up: celestialstar3_

Rmb to stick around for the alt. endings!

Thank you all for butchering your heart on this fic and all of your constant support <3

See you guys on the next angsty fic of mine!(or a fluff fic, it doesn't matter) :D)