Part 1

You could say it all started with a phone call...

"Hello?... This is she,... W-what?... This has to be some sort of sick joke, right?... N-no, please tell me this is just a prank..." she dropped to her knees, letting a single tear run down her cheek as she processed what the man on the other end was telling her. "Thank you for telling me this, have a good day sir." and with that, she hung up the phone. "That had to be a prank, a horrible prank." she thought to herself.

She got up from the floor brushing the dust from her pants and wiping the stray tear from her cheek. She walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, trying to continue on with her day as if that phone call never even happened. She needed to get the house cleaned because her husband was scheduled to fly home from his deployment in a few days. He had been away from home for the past three months, and she has been counting the days till his return ever since he first stepped foot out the front door. She missed the feeling of his arms around her and she couldn't wait till she felt it once more.

She set her glass on the marble countertop and began to write a list of all the things she wanted to accomplish before he came back to her. She wanted everything to be perfect, it had to be. 

***********************************************************************************************

Word Count: 248