Part 3

Within minutes the plane was in sight of all the people, all that could be heard were cheers of joy as the day finally came, the brave heroes were home. The plane soon landed and the door opened, showing all the soldiers in their green cameo uniforms. People waited to see their loved ones descend the stairs from the plane to the pavement. Once they took about twenty steps from the bottom of the stairs the ones waiting for them ran up to them, hugging them as tight as they could.

She continued waiting patiently scanning over the faces of all that came from the plane trying so desperately to find that one familiar face that would make her heart skip a beat with the slightest of smile.

The flow from the plane had come to a stop and she still hadn't seen him come down the stairs, "where is he?" she thought as she pushed her way through the happy crowd of people.

She got about ten feet from the bottom of the stairs before she was stopped by one of the service men. She initially got excited thinking it was her husband before she got a look at his face. This man was definitely not the man she vowed to love for the rest of her life all those years ago. "Ma'am I can't allow you to go any closer to the plane." the man said without the slightest bit of a facial expression.

"Sir you don't understand, my husband is still on that plane."

The man looked up to the door and called up to the other standing at the top of the stairs, "is there anyone who hasn't exited yet?" The man above boarded the plane and after what seemed to be a lifetime he came back to the door yelling back down a quick no to the soldier at the end of the staircase.

She looked up at the man in the plane then back to the one standing in front of her, "no you're wrong, you must have missed him. Please check again." she pleaded.

"Ma'am I'm sorry but your husband's not on that plane."

***********************************************************************************************

Word Count: 361