Part 2

"Today was the day he came home," she thought as she put the finishing touches on everything, creating the perfect environment for her hero to come home to.

As soon as she finished, she quickly ran upstairs to take a shower and get ready to see the man she loved. She pulled out the outfit she knew he always loved, gracefully laying it across her bed remembering all the wonderful outings she had with him while wearing these exact clothes.

Looking at the clock next to their bed and was quickly snapped out of her thoughts as she saw it was getting close to when his plane would land. "Two hours forty-eight minutes to go" she thought as she swiftly got dressed walking back into the bathroom to put up her hair and put on some light makeup.

"One hour twenty-two minutes" she smiled to herself at the thought of feeling her husband's warm embrace again, all she had to do was wait one hour and twenty-two minutes.

It took about forty-five minutes to get to the base from the house, so on the way, she decided to stop and grab her love a snack from one of the convenience stores that were on the way. It wasn't anything too big to where he'd ruin his dinner, but it was enough to hold him over until they could decide what they wanted for their first meal back together.

When she finally got to the base, there were what seemed to be hundreds of people waiting for the ones they loved to come walking off the soon-to-be landing plane. All holding banners or posters or just their arms ready to hold the man or women who finally came back to them.

***********************************************************************************************

Word Count: 293