E L E V E N

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"You heard the man, move it!"

Adelaide let go of Sirius' hands as he moved to Remus' side. She turned and rushed to the trio, bending down to help Ron up.

"We have to get out of here. Now!" She hissed, nodding to Hermione as a thank you for helping her lift Ron up and provide support.

Hermione looked over at Peter, "What about Peter Pettigrew? What can we do- Oh!"

Adelaide turned and watched the filthy man wiggle his fingers in a wave, quickly taking advantage of the situation and transforming into his animagus form and scurrying away.

"Remus!" Harry moved towards the older men, looking to provide support – or something, Adelaide had no idea what he was thinking.

"Harry, no!" Adelaide let go of Ron and rushed forward to grab a hold of his arm, trying to pull him back. She was not that strong, but she did her best to nudge him back into Hermione's grip.

She turned in time to see Sirius, in his animagus form, lunge towards Remus, who was now completely transitioned into a werewolf. She tried her best to not show fear, especially for the sake of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. She needed to protect them.

Remus had roughly thrown Sirius out of the way, slowly creeping towards Adelaide and the trio.

She turned around, spreading her arms out and pressing back into the three of them, "Move back." She hissed, trying to get them out of view of the wolf.

She was wracking her brain around what she had learned about werewolves.

She knew one thing, which may be the most important factor. Remus did not know who he was. He was no longer Remus J. Lupin – he was just another werewolf. A blood-thirsty creature that would kill even their best friend and not think twice. Not even think at all. Adelaide could not imagine the torture Remus went through with each passing full moon. She did not know his story. She did not know how long he had suffered from his lycanthropy. Maybe one day she would find out. Maybe one day he would feel comfortable enough to tell her.

"He must not have taken his potion." Adelaide whispered, more so to herself than to the others. She straightened her back, trying to stand as tall as possible as she stared up and over at the werewolf. A small sob escaped her lips as she made eye contact with him. His eyes, she was surprised, remained to be more human-like than the eyes of a true wolf.

Remus stood tall, freakishly tall really, and started towards Adelaide.

"Run!" She cried over her shoulder at the trio, glancing quickly before turning back just in time to be met face-to-face with the wolf.

His breath was foul, and the saliva was dripping from his sharp teeth as his mouth hung open.

She tripped backwards, though was able to remain standing. A loud growl distracted Remus, and before Adelaide could blink, Sirius bounded forward and tackled Remus. This gave Adelaide the chance to turn and grab Harry's arm. "Let's go! It's not safe out here!"