F I F T Y S E V E N

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains death

This is also the FINAL chapter of Wildfire.

<3

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

When Adelaide stepped back into Hogwarts, hand clasped tightly in Charlie's, memories of the last time she was here rushed through her. It was extremely overwhelming.

Sirius, the shrieking shack, the dead body of Cedric Diggory, the wails of a grieving father...

And now - War.

She knew this was the end. The end for what side, though, was still unknown. The entire Order stepped through the doors of the Great Hall, Severus Snape escaping at the last minute, the students cheering - this brought her out of the daze. The collective cheering of everyone around her removed the painful memories from the forefront of her mind and brought her back to reality.

"I don't want you getting involved in the fighting."

Adelaide turned to look up to Charlie, a frown forming on her lips. "Charlie, that's not fair. I'll have you know that I am a very capable witch."

"Yes, I know that." He let go of her hand to cup the side of her face before planting a firm kiss on her lips. "But you are an even better healer." He pulled back and smiled down at her. The pad of his thumb brushed against her cheek as he held her close to him.

"You're lucky I agree with you." She teased playfully, leaning up quickly to kiss him once more. Adelaide was going to kiss him as much as she could. She knew they would be separated. She would hide within the castle, healing those who needed it with Madam Pomfrey by her side. Atleast, that was what they planned on doing.

"That's enough you two. Don't want to lose my lunch." Fred smirked, weaving his way between his older brother and Adelaide, wrapping his arms around them both.

"Good to see you, Fred. Or is it, George? You know, I could never tell the difference." Adelaide smirked.

"Oi!" George called out from his spot besides Ginny, "I heard that!"

Fred laughed, "I, Fred Weasley, am the better looking one. You'd better remember that!" He walked over to his twin again, giving Adelaide a wink over his shoulder as he went.

"Ah, yes, how could I ever forget?" Adelaide called with a laugh. She turned her attention back to Charlie and only had another moment with him before Kingsley pulled him away to talk strategy.

Adelaide made eye contact with Remus and gave him a slow nod before she turned and was met with Poppy.

"We might be able to get a head start in gathering supplies from the infirmary before anything big happens. Come. Make haste." Poppy snapped her fingers, already rushing through the open doors of the great hall without a second glance. Adelaide rushed after her, tying her hair back in a tight bun as she went.