T W E N T Y O N E

*~* A/N - Can we just stop and appreciate a young Gary Oldman?  I could do this all day

*~* A/N - Can we just stop and appreciate a young Gary Oldman? I could do this all day. *~*

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

Aconite.

Aconite?

Charlie continued lingering in the background, his ears staying tuned up for anymore conversation between Adelaide and Malcolm.

"Charlie?" Adelaide had turned to look at her friend with a small, forced smile.

"Ready for me?" Charlie grinned. Adelaide nodded, gesturing with her hand for him to come over with the basket so she could check out. By the time Charlie made it to the countertop, the aconite plant was gone. Adelaide had most likely paid separately and tucked it safely away in her bag.

As he stood in silence behind her, his gaze falling on the floor. He was trying to wrack his head around why Adelaide would need aconite. It was a dangerous, poisonous plant used to create the potion wolfsbane. Had his father told him about this? Who was the werewolf? Was he so far removed from everything happening at home that he really had no clue?

Once Adelaide had paid for everything and safely put everything in her bag before walking back out onto the street with Charlie.

"Ready to head home?" She looked up to the red head for a moment before glancing back ahead of them.

"That place is not my home, Addy." Charlie sighed. His hands stuffed deep into the pockets of his blue jeans as they continued walking.

"You really don't need to act like a child, Charlie." Adelaide groaned, rolling her eyes before she gestured for them to sit down on an empty bench by the streetlamp.

"Why did you need aconite?"

Adelaide laughed, "I was wondering how long you would keep quiet on that. You were really never good at being sneaky, you know." She took in a deep breath and looked over to him as he sat beside her.

"It's for Remus." She told him flatly. "I'm surprised your father didn't tell you. Snape outed him after everything that happened in the Shrieking Shack a year ago."

Charlie sighed. "He may have mentioned it. To be honest, all I could focus on what you and your role in the story." He admitted with a laugh. "You have changed so much since we were together last, Addy... It's like I don't know you anymore."

Charlie knew that if that truly were the case – if Adelaide changed, became a new person – the reason he did not understand it was because he wasn't there. Charlie made the decision to move away. Suddenly move away. He, too, had changed in the last few years.

He seemed taller, but Adelaide knew he did not actually grow in height but in other ways.

The muscles hidden beneath his clothes were worked on constantly day in and day out. He had been muscular from playing quidditch, sure, but there was something about taking care of dragons that really changed his body.