5- Scared of You

Y/n POV

Warning: Mature scene

The longer you slept, the worse your nightmare became. The same two scenes repeated in your head. You watched yourself being attacked by Dream in your cell and you watched yourself being pinned to the ground by Sam.

"Sam, please stop!" You screamed and sat straight up in the bed. You were breathing heavily and began to freak out because your vision wasn't returning after you opened your eyes. Your heavy breathing soon turned into loud wheezing as you chest tightened and throat closed.

"Y/n, y/n, everything is alright. Just breathe." The voice grew closer and then you felt a hand on your arm. You pulled away and put your hands out to stop him from coming toward you.

Your hands met an armorless body that was closer than you expected. A sharp pain was sent through your eye and the pain returned to the wounds on your face. You chest grew tighter as you tried to take harder breaths.

"Why did you do this!" You cried and hit Sam in the chest. "I hate you! Why did you do this to me!" You cried harder as he held you arms together, but that didn't stop you from hitting.

"Breathe, you're having a panic attack. Everything is okay, y/n, breathe with me." Sam attempted to calm you, but he wasn't having any luck.

"Just get away from me!" You tried to pull the wrapping off your head in order to let you see again. You threw yourself back getting away from Sam for time to get the wrap off.

Sam pulled you back up into a sitting position and held your face with both of his hands. You didn't look at him as more tears streamed down your cheeks.

"Y/n, look at me." His voice was soft and he was patient with you once again. You didn't look at him, though. You continued to look over his right shoulder at the armor stand that held his shiny netherite helmet and chestplate.

"Look at me, please." Sam wiped your cheek as you slowly made eye contact. "Breathe with me."

You took a few deep breaths with him, then you started to tear up again. Sam sat on the bed with you and put his arms around you once more. You scooted closer and rested your head on his chest. You continued to take deep breaths as you calmed down.

"Let me see your stitches." Sam said in almost a whisper. He rubbed your back for a few moments as you sat up. You faced Sam and he started to look at your wounds.

"Ah, I thought so." Sam commented after lightly touching the sewn cut that ran through your eyebrow.

"Thought what?" You flinched as he touched it again. You reached your hand where Sam did and covered your fingers with blood.

"You popped a stitch." Sam replied already picking up the sewing kit. Your heart rate started to rise at the thought of another painful process. "Your eye is also swollen shut as well. I'll pick up some more ice on a bit."

Sam fixed the stitch and wrapped your head back up with clean cloth. He left to get ice and brought back a meal as well. That was the first time you finished a full meal in the couple weeks you've been in the prison.

Sam told you that he was going to keep you in his office until you were able to see properly with your good eye. For the next few days, all you really did was sleep. You finally felt strong again and you started to feel okay.

The pain that came with both your physical wounds and mental wounds flowed in waves. One moment you were crying because of the blood seeping through the cloth and then the next you were daydreaming about absolutely nothing.

"Tommy is coming to visit Dream tomorrow." Sam sighed as he moved a few things around on his desk. You were sitting up in bed drinking a cup of water.