Chapter 2: So Bored

I wake up to a silent sob. I look over my shoulder and see Sarah with her eyes closed, her cheeks stained with tears, and her pillow wet. I can tell she's sleeping, so it must be a bad dream. Not made of stone after all, huh. What time is it? I pull my phone out of my back pocket. It doesn't have enough battery to make a call, so I just click the button so it displays the time. 1:42am. Wow.
Yeesh. I was asleep for six hours. No way I'm going to be going to sleep again. "Hey, how'd the lights in the elevator turn off?" I whisper to myself. I stare at the light thingy. Suddenly, it flickers. Like on cue. That's very creepy.
OMG I just had the worst idea ever! What if when people see that the elevator isn't working, they don't say anything and just use the stairs! We'd be stuck in here forever! Oh my gosh, I have to stop panicking. I reach over and grab a water bottle form the grocery bag, thinking it would help.
Bad move.
"Oh my gosh! Now I have to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" I whisper-shout. What am I going to do now? I scan the small space we were currently living in, and my gaze rested upon my empty water bottle. Hey, it's possible. No, Mira! That's gross!!! But...when you have to go, you have to go. UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. Why is my life full of hard decisions? I finally just work up the nerve to open the lid of my water bottle and go to the bathroom. Oh my god! Why don't I ever think things through? Now I don't know where to put my now-full water bottle. I could empty a bag, put my water bottle in it, then stuff it in a corner? Well, it looks like my best option.
I grab the grocery bag full of water bottles, empty it out, and hide my urination can in the corner. Hey, I think I just made this place a little bit more homey!
By problem solving, I just created a water bottle bar, and a sort of bathroom!
Congratulations Mira! You accomplished the first thing next to nothing!
Then I look at Sarah. I wonder what she is thinking about? She can't believe that we are actually going to get out of anytime soon can she? Well, If she does, she's nuts. I sigh deeply. Now what? I could read. No, there's no light. I could go back to sleep. Pssshhh. Not a chance. Hmm. There's not many more options then that is there? Sarah said do herself. 'Food to eat. Books for entertainment.' She never listed anything else for entertainment. I could just sit here, thinking about nothing. Except that if I don't keep myself busy, I will just think about my cruddy situation. And I can't afford to do that any more.
Hey! Wouldn't it be cool if the lights turned of at night and they were on during the day? Then we could sleep peacefully, and have light when we were awake! Plus, we could probably figure out the time, too. I wonder if they do that. Wow. I'm so bored I'm thinking about lights. I'm pathetic. Well I guess I could try to go back to sleep? There's nothing better to do so...I guess.
I look at Sarah, and she is sound asleep. My eyes start to get heavier, and Sarah is the last thing I see.