Part 2

Caught like a deer in headlights, you found yourself unable to look away from him

Caught like a deer in headlights, you found yourself unable to look away from him. His big, soft eyes were gorgeous, and taking in the rest of his face, you found it just as beautiful.

His slightly long curls were dancing in the wind and kissing his face, but he didn't seem to notice. Without blinking, his eyes were fastened on you, an expression in them that you could not read. Then, tilting his head to the side, something in his eyes shifted.

Your eyes felt dry, and you had to blink.

However, as you opened your eyes again, the boy was nowhere to be seen.

Blinking again, you looked up and down the street, but neither direction showed any sign of the strange - yet very cute - boy.

"So... strange..." You muttered to yourself and shook your head. Either you had started imagining things, or that guy had been real. Still, if he had been real, he sure acted strangely.

Shaking your head, you triple-checked that your scarf was now properly tied, you continued walking the few minutes left to your store.

The small cafe was more crowded than usual, and you were glad you had no plans of staying here, but simply to buy one to go. Getting in the line, you waited until it finally was your turn. Stepping up to the counter, you placed your order:

"One box of cream puffs, please."

The elderly woman behind the counter smiled. "Sure thing, dear." Getting out a box, she carefully placed six perfectly round and glazed cream puffs in it.

Your mouth watered by the mere sight, and you had to remind yourself that you were not to eat any of them right away - as you would be sharing them with your friend later.

Receiving your order, you thanked the lady before turning around and walking through the front door.

* BAM - CRASH *

"Aaa-!"

Something made an impact with you; your arm bracing your chest as you crashed together.

* Poooooooooooof *

You felt your heart sink by the deflating sound.

Oh, no.

Oh, no no no.

Please, no.

But as you looked down at your arms, you already knew.

You cream puffs. Your sweet, delicious, perfect cream puffs...

Your throat tightened as you felt your eyes sting; tears forming, and it was all you could do to hold them back.

Why? Why did this happen to you? Why did things keep happening to you - and making you look like a fool.

Staggering onto your feet again, your eyes swiped the room in the search for the one that had caused the accident.

There - wearing a big coat - a woman pushing her way through the group of people. Taking a step in her direction, another sound caught your attention.

Was that crying?

A/N:What would you in this kind of situation?

A/N:
What would you in this kind of situation?

If you like my writing, I've started a Patreon.
Thank you for your support~ 😘
https://www.patreon.com/FictionFairy