Chapter 9 : Scars

. . . 🌼 . . .

3rd person's POV :

This day was unexpectedly a warm day, it was as if Earth itself was burning.

But it was also the day of the match between Inazuma Japan and Desert Lion, the weather wasn't in their side that day however. The match started and the first half of the match was good, but the players were completely worn out when it had ended.

"H-Hiroto, please don't overwork yourself, or you might catch a migraine because of this weather." (Y/n) suddenly talked to the red-haired guy as he stopped using the towel.

"O-Oh, yeah. I will be careful, don't worry." He gave her a reassuring smile. They were these moments when she made his heart flutter as she showed her concern towards him, nobody else.

This strange and unknown sensation left Hiroto's mind only thinking about her.

"(Y/n)-san, are you sure you are fine with a long sleeved shirt? The weather is pretty warm, you might get your body overheated." Haruna suddenly talked to the (h/c)-haired girl who was currently feeling as if she was sweating to death.

"I'm fine, Haruna-chan. Don't worry about me." She smiled in a reassuring way, hoping to drop the conversation. Even through her scars started hurting in her body, especially arms, she refused to show how nasty they were.

As the second half carried on, Hiroto was out of the game since he was completely worn out of energy.

"H-Hiroto, are you okay? Do you need something?" (Y/n) asked, making the boy shake his head as he caught his breath while drinking dry his bottle of water.

"I'm alright." He finally responded as his gaze traveled to the match. (Y/n) nodded and went back to sit on the bench, but her vision was getting blurry as she tried to focus on the game.

Just a little bit, still 20 minutes and everything will be over. She tried to encourage herself.

Eventually the match ended with Inazuma Japan winning thanks to Toramaru's shoot. When they were back at their HQ, everyone was too busy celebrating their victory than paying attention to the (h/c)-haired who was having a hard time.

"I will go to bed now." (Y/n) announced quietly to the girls.

"But you haven't eaten yet." Aki said in a concerned way.

"I have no appetite and I feel tired, don't worry about me. Goodnight girls." She said as she waved at them with a smile. The said girls returned the smile and wave, but their eyes held worry and concern for their friend's health.

"Where is (Y/n)?" Hiroto asked Aki as he put his empty tray down, looking around for the girl he was searching for.

"She said she would go to bed, but she hadn't eaten her dinner. It concerns me." Aki said as she looked at the still remaining full tray that was supposed to belong to (Y/n).

"I'll go check on her." Hiroto announced before heading off, his legs carrying him as fast he could as he shivered at the memory when he found her almost about to end her life. Was she going to try that again?

He softly and quietly knocked on her door and waited patiently, but he didn't receive an answer. Letting himself in, he opened the door and stepped to the room that was bigger than her room back in the orphanage, it was simple, tidy and well-organized.

Hiroto noticed a lump on the bed covered with a blanket and he decided to take cautious steps to stand next to it.

His teal eyes softened at the sight of (Y/n) sleeping soundly as her breathing was calm and steady, he allowed himself to smile and brush a few strands of hair away her face. She looked peacefully cute.