Chapter 2 : Exam

"What do you mean by 'THE Tobio Kageyama'?" Hinata asks the redhead and blond.

"Have you really not heard of him before?" Kirishima asks back.

"Yeah. He's like, one of the top Pro Hero hopefuls of our year!" Kaminari adds.

"What's so special about him? He doesn't seem that amazing..." Hinata pouts in jealousy.

"Well, he comes from a normal family, it's just simply that he is so powerful and manly!" Kirishima says.

"He's even worked with some of the top Pro Heros in the world!" Kaminari exclaims.

"Then why is he here? Shouldn't he be taking the recommendation exam?" Hinata asks again.

"I heard he refused to get in on recommendations because he wanted to prove his worth against everyone who is applying this year!" Kaminari says.

'what. Why wouldn't he just accept the recommendation to get into U.A.? Why pass up an opportunity like this? Why risk his spot?' Hinata thinks.

"THE PRACTICAL EXAM WILL BE STARTING IN 3!!!! 2!!!! 1!!!! GOOOO!!!" the booming voice of Present Mic blasts through the exam stadiums and all the gates open for the applicants to start their battle against the robots.

Everyone runs into their designated stadium and the exam has begun. Hinata runs into stadium C alongside Kirishima and Kaminari but his attention goes straight to the raven haired male they were talking about seconds ago.

The first thing Hinata saw Kageyama do was run towards a level 3 robot. The raven haired boy slid between the robot legs, landing himself in the robot's shadow. The next thing that happened was weird. 'did the shadow of the robot just move on its own?!!'

The shadow grabbed the head of its owner, as in the robot, and ripped it off. 'was that- did he do that? no. Can't be. He didn't even touch the robot!!'

"TOBIO KAGEYAMA! QUIRK: SHADOW MANIPULATION! HE CAN CONTROL SHADOWS BY SIMPLY TOUCHING THEM, BUT THE SHADOWS OBEY BY THE PHYSICAL PROPERTIES AND NATURAL LAWS OF ITS OWNER. MEANING HE CAN'T HAVE A BUILDING WALK OR TURTLE FLY, FOR EXAMPLE. THE SHADOWS CARRY THE SAME WEIGHT OF ITS OWNER, SO IF THE SHADOW OF A HEAVY BEING FALLS ON YOU, YOU COULD BE CRUSHED! THE WEIGHT OF THE SHADOWS DO NOT APPLY TO KAGEYAMA, SO HE CAN USE THEM HOWEVER HE WANTS!"

Hinata was shocked. If this was Kageyama's quirk, then there was no telling what he could do in this practical exam.

But now wasn't the time for Hinata to focus on others. He had to earn his own points if he even wanted a shot of getting into U.A.

Hinata runs to a level 2 robot and jumps up onto its torso. Hinata warms up his body which makes the robot overheat and fall to the ground. 'yay. That's 2 points. I gotta keep going though.'

"SHOYO HINATA! QUIRK: HEAT ABSORPTION! HE CAN ABSORB THE HEAT FROM ANY SOURCE, THE EASIEST BEING DIRECTLY FROM THE SUN! WITH THIS HEAT ABSORBED, HE CAN HEAT UP HIS OWN BODY TO EXTREMELY HIGH LEVELS, EVEN BEING ABLE TO MELT HUMAN FLESH AND DENSE METALS!"

Hinata runs all around the stadium to come in contact with more exam robots, making them heat up and drop behind him. Sparks fly out of the robots after he is done with them, making him look like one of those people in a cool action movie when he runs away.

After a while of gathering points, a big smashing sound echoes through stadium C. All the participants look over to see the shadow of a fallen building cast upon a dozen high level robots.

Everyone then looks up to the building, but it is still standing? Hinata then notices Kageyama standing in the shadow then running off. 'he did all that with one shadow?!'