Prologue

Third Person

The sound of chains clanging was heard as a skinny man shuffled around, trying to find something sharp. The man was bald- and wore prison attire. He had a number pinned to his shirt, and his clothing was ragged. He had a couple scars here and there- one across his nose, a large one along his arm, and a few on his cheek. He had ear piercings as well.
Someone else in the cell clicked their tongue, watching the man wander around. He seemed rather young. "Are you sure you want to go through with this Oliver?" He asks, bringing a hand up to push his fluffy raven hair out of his face. Two ears perked out of his hair with little tufts at the tip of them. Strangely enough, he had them pierced while his left ear was cut halfway up the ear. There was also a cut next to his left eye- a scar. One that would never go away. What was most noticeable about him though, was the wings perched upon his back, his red irises as well as pale red eyes, and his bushy black tail with a white tip. He tapped his sharp fingernail against the bed he sat on while awaiting an answer from the man.
Oliver picks up a rather sharp rock- it being the best he could find. He looks up to the winged fellow. "Im sure." He responds, his voice filled with confidence.
The young-adult looking male sighs and claps his hands together. "I could break you out and you still insist on passing our contract on to your child. You humans are truly strange beings."
Oliver drags the rock against his skin, rubbing it raw until blood begin to seep through the cut. "Even if I got out I'd never be able to be a father to them. I would rather give them the gift of safety and face the consequences than them living in danger while I give them nothing- unable to be there for them." He mutters.
He hums before leaning against the stone wall. "Whats the word? Feezy? Ah no wait it's cheesy. Your being quite cheesy, definitely different from how you previously acted. You haven't even seen your child in years and you're about to give up your life for them. Honestly, you surprise me Oliver." He chuckles deeply while his right ear flicks.
Oliver lets out a laugh. "Thanks, Dakk. Never thought a demon would flatter me." He snickers as he dragged his bloody finger along the ground. When blood would stop producing- he merely cut his finger more and continued. It started to slowly come into shape.
"Im more than just a demon, we both know that." Dakk's voice dropped a pitch as a smirk spread across his scarred face. His wings shuffled upon his back as he leaned forwards, his little horns sticking out of his hair.
"I know, I know." Oliver chuckles while connecting one bloody line to another. He came to a stop, and kneeled down before what he drew. He clapped his hands together, muttered a few words, then set his hands down on the edge of the symbol.
It started to glow- gaining the attention of a prisoner across the jail. He started to call out in confusion, and other prisoners begun to notice as well.
"Hey Dakk... before we both go, make sure to tell them I said Merry Christmas." Oliver mutters.
Dakk approaches Oliver with a smile, and he walks into the center of the symbol. "Sure." He simply replies.
Have it been only a moment- but the other prisoners were able to see Dakk. One of them screamed out "demon", while many others stared in awe. The moment ended quickly as Dakk completely disappeared from the prison, and Oliver collapsed to the ground. Blood began to drip from his mouth as he made no move to get up.

The man had died.

But not in vain.

Word count: 666