Chapter 2| Before Breakfast Conversation

Posting this on Sunday, Fight me Je'sus'.

You stared at Dakk, now taking a moment to process what he was wearing. He had a white dress shirt on- with a black blazer on above it, and he also wore a red tie. You'd expect his pants to go with the shirts- but instead he simply had what seemed to be comfortable black sweatpants. There was a string around his neck that led under his shirt, so you could only assume he had a necklace with a pendant. Aside from that though, he had a thick black velvet choker upon his neck.
"Checking me out~?" Dakk coos as he grabs your chin and lifts it to face him. You couldn't help but blush at his statement- embarrassed that he caught you staring at him. You had only meant to take in what he looked like- not literally check him out.
"Hell nah." You scoff, furrowing your eyebrows. He had definitely moved very close to you, so you were convinced the prick was trying fluster you. Before moving away to have your own space, you noticed a deep scar next to his left eye. It seemed like a stab wound of some sort. You shuffle away from him, removing his hand from your chin. "Dont you have an explanation to give?" You mutter.
"Oh! Right, sorry darling." He chuckles, giving you the pet name out of nowhere. You really wanted to punch him for that, but you decided against it because you had no idea how strong he was- best not poke the bear.

"So basically, I come from hell. Your dad was trying to summon Satan for some reason he never told me, but ended up with me instead. I protected him and occasionally helped him out, and low and behold he met your mother- ended up dating her and later marrying her in private. Blah blah blah years later they have you, and your dad made an agreement with me that he can change my contract with him, to instead go to you at some sort of cost. This morning he ended up going through with the ritual thing so now you are stuck with me." He explains in a bored manner, actually saying 'blah blah blah' to just quicken the explanation. He then quickly adds, "But I don't mind being stuck with you~"
You grumble in annoy and shake your head. "Your annoying." You snort before asking, "But anyway- why would my dad give the contract to me- and what was the cost-?"
He frowned as you called him annoying, but proceeded to kinda answer your questions, "Your dad wanted me to protect you and keep you safe- He was in prison for life so he found no point in keeping the contract when there was nothing to be safe from aside from other prisoners. I could have broken him out but he continued on with his "safety" thing. Honestly, I never got to have some fun. But anyway, the cost- well, you will find that out quite soon my dear."
You glare at him as he gives you a pet name once again before looking to the floor. "What do you mean I will find out soon?"
"Ever heard of patience?" He snickers.
You groan in annoyance. "Why did my dad have to get such an annoying demon." You joke slightly, but really you wished he hadn't gotten a demon in the first place.
"Aww cmon y/n that hurts my feelings." He pouts, leaning forwards and tilting his head to the side so he could look up at your face. "And Im so much more than a simple demon."
"Oh really? Then what are you?" You ask, raising an eyebrow.
"Telling you would be no fun, you have to figure it out yourself!" He grins. You roll your eyes in annoyance and lean against the wall. You wanted to get rid of this guy, but at the same time he was kinda funny, and he had been with your father for apparently years. Maybe you could at least talk to him to find out more about your parents, albiet he said 'much more than a simple demon' so keeping him around wasn't exactly the best idea you could have.

A knock sounds on your door, and you flinch. You glance over to Dakk, who seemed unfazed as he looked at the door. The door opened slightly as your step mother peeked in.
"Y/n? You awake sweetie?" She calls gently, her gaze focused on you.
Your step mom had good eye sight, so she would have noticed Dakk by now, surely. But after a couple moments it was as if she could really not see him. You bring a hand up to scratch the back of your head. "Yeah, I'm awake."
She smiles at you. "Well, its time to go down for breakfast. Were gonna have [Favorite Breakfast], and open presents afterwards."
"Alright, I will be down there in a few." You chirp. Your step mother nods and closes your door, her foot steps trailing away. You then look to Dakk who smirked. "She actually didn't see you- either I'm hallucinating or she's oblivious."
He chuckles and wraps a wing around you, pulling you close. "If I weren't real and you truly were hallucinating I wouldn't be able to do this, also I was in plain sight. I am real, and I am unseeable by the normal human eye." He coos, grabbing your chin and making you face up directly at him.
You quickly stand up and step away from him. "Don't do that- and fine whatever your right. Just- could you go elsewhere? I have to change before breakfast." You sigh.
"Yes (sirrrr/ma'aammm/uhh enby term)." He chirps and straight up goes into your closet, closing the door as you could clearly hear his wings brush against the walls of the small area.
At least he respected your privacy.

You put on clothing of choice as well as a sweatshirt before opening the closet door. "Alright I'm done now- But dont bother me when others are around." You request, getting a soft, "oki doki" from the demon.
You sigh heavily and turn towards your door, approaching it. You open it silently, glancing back at Dakk before heading out the room and down your stairs.
Your feet carried you to the kitchen, only to be overwhelmed with the scent of breakfast.
You heard footsteps behind you, so you assumed Dakk simply followed and wanted to look around.
Anyway, it was time to eat.

Sadly small word count today.
Word count: 1104