Gift

"Shhhh Appa or you'll alarm him" she whispered. She led the giant beast away from the home.

Katara brought him to the stable and started combing his hair, he was shedding so she decided it would be best to have him in one place.

But the real reason was that Katara wanted to make a gift for Aang.

It had been a couple of days since the whole South and North debacle and things were finally settling down.

With everything taken care of she could finally work on his gift. She wanted it done sooner but she thought it was better late then never.

"All right we're done Appa." She said to the bison, "You think Aang is going to like it?"

The bison roared a yes and she smiled as she picked up the pile of Bison fur. She walked out the stable and snuck around her home to not be heard.

As she was making her way there she heard the voice of her love "Has anyone seen Katara?"

She stopped to listen and heard Sokka respond "She's with Gran Gran, you know girl things."

"What do you mean- ohhhhh..well ima go get ready for bed, goodnight." Aang walked away in embarrassment.

Katara giggled and continued to walk until she finally made it to the hut. She opened the door and instantly felt the warm fire that was lit. She took off her sweaters and sat down next to Gran Gran.

"Hello Katara dear, did you get it?"

Katara put the pile of fur down and nodded. "So I was thinking Gran, could we put an air symbol on it?"

Her grandmother smiled " I don't see why not."

So for the next 2-3 hours, Katara and Gran worked hard on the present. Finally they finished and admired their work " You did great sweetheart."

Katara smiled "I couldn't have done it without your help."

With that they told each other goodnight and she headed off to the hut she and Aang shared. She smiled at the thought of them owning a space to live together.

This was the first time they had ever had a place like this even if it was temporary and even then it was a hassle getting it.

Flashback to early in the week

"NO!" Sokka screamed.

"Why not!?" she screamed back.

He threw his hands up, "You're to young Katara!"

She balled up her fist "You're only a year and a half older then me."

He stuck his tongue "I'm more mature then you."

"Oh yea you're so much more mature then me but you still make muscles to yourself in the mirror !!!"

Aang looked at the two bickering siblings, he didn't know what to do at this moment luckily for him Gran came in "What are you two screaming about?"

Katara spoke first "I said I'll be staying in a hut with Aang and Sokka freaked out."

"Of course I freaked out, who knows what type of Oogies you'll do in private."

Katara froze his ear and Gran sighed "Katara unfreeze his ear dear."

She listened and Gran spoke up "Katara I trust you and believe you're responsible enough, Hakoda and Kya were around your age when they started sharing." Katara smiled "Just don't make me a Great Gran Gran soon ok?"