My Second Chance (Deadpool x platonic!reader, Avengers x platonic!reader)

I sat in my cell wondering how I even got here. Oh wait, it was because I decided to go against my gut feeling, and my friend's advice, and used my abilities to steal. I just wanted to prove that I wasn't just some silly, no good orphan. Turns out that's all I might ever be to society. Now I'm sitting in a high security cell, and bored out of my mind.
I thought it was going to be a normal day where I would be let out of my cell to eat then go right back inside. That was till I met these two guys, they talked to me while I ate, telling me of a plan to break out of there.
"Alright, I'm listening."
"I'm Wade by the way, and this is Russell." One of the men said.
"I'm Y/n."
They went over the plan, and I knew it was full proof. They had no idea who they were talking to. I guess the guards underestimated me, and my abilities. The plan was in place, all we had to do was execute it.
The next few days went by as normal. I ate my first meal in my cell, and lunch was with the other inmates. I hung around Wade and Russell while I was out of my cell every chance I got. The guards didn't think twice about my quick connection to these two new inmates.
Last meal I ate was always in my cell by choice, but on the day we decided to execute the plan I told the guard that I wanted to eat with the other inmates. He allowed it, and didn't question me. Little did he know what would soon go down.
I sat with Wade and Russell like I did at lunch time. This time though, they started a fight with another inmate. Russell continued to fight the others, and Wade turned to me nodding for me to get away as all the guards on duty came running to stop the fighting. I ran as fast as I could. I ran to a closet where the extra guard uniforms were kept. I took one, though I knew it probably would fit properly, but I had to get out somehow.
I kept walking, and headed for the exit of the prison. A guard started to walk up to me asking for my identification due to the riot going on in the mess hall. I read his mind to find a guard who I knew usually got off duty around this time. I then corrupted his thoughts into thinking that I was this guard, and he let me through.
I walked out, and immediately headed for the train station. I picked the first train out and saw that the next train was leaving in 10 minutes for Denver. I hopped on and was on my way to Colorado.
As soon as I got to Colorado, I asked around to see who would be willing to hire a 17 year old. One person was very helpful and told me about a very nice farm on the plains that was looking for help. I hitchhiked my way out of the city and headed to the plains to find this farm.
"I want to see how well you work with the animals first before we discuss anything further." The farmer stated.
I completely understood that. He didn't want someone who was going to hurt his animals, he wanted someone who was in it for more than just the money. I walked up to one of the more wild horses, according to the farmer, I put my hand out, sending the horse a calming feeling. It let me touch it, and pet it. This astonished the farmer.
"I have yet to be able to lay a finger on him. He came from an abuse case that animal control brought to me."
I smiled as I kept petting him, "he's very sweet. He's just scared that people will hurt him again."
"You can tell that just by touching him?"
"I can read his body language too, but yeah. He is just scared. That's all."
The farmer smiled at me, "you have a real gift. You're hired. I'll show you to your room."

~*~

It's been almost 4 years since I started working here. I have helped rehabilitate and rehome almost 100 horses, and each month we get more and more. Today I had a whole group of people coming by to look at the new rehabilitated horses. I was sad to see that the horse, Hades, that got me the job in the first place was part of the group of horses being looked at.
I was brushing him out when a couple of cars drove up the property. I just kept working as the farmer showed them around. The group consisted of five males and one female which I found oddly strange, but I didn't question it. Then came time for them to look at the horses.
"Y/n here will show you the best candidates, but I'll start with Hades here. He was a very abused horse brought here four years ago from an abuse/hoarding case. Y/n here has been working really hard on getting him to warm up to people." The farmer spoke, before leaving me to introduce the rest of the horses.
"Hades is a special horse to me. He is the reason I am here, and not in the prison system. He's a good horse, but misunderstood."
"Kind of like you huh?" A tall, muscular, short blond haired man spoke up.
"I guess."
Hades suddenly rears up in fear, but also as a warning. He knew these people weren't really here to buy horses. They were looking for me. I shoved them all away with my powers and hopped on Hades. Two of the men recovered quickly and hopped on two of the other horses and raced after me. One of them seemed to know how to work a lasso, and roped me off.
I fell to the ground face first. The other hogtied me to keep me there. "I haven't done anything wrong! I've lived a quiet life!"
"You have powers that you don't understand kid." The blond guy spoke.
"Maybe we could use them rather than send them back?" The man wearing sunglasses questioned.
"Tony, the mission was to find the kid and bring them back, not recruit them."
"I got that Cap, but they seem to be doing good in the world. Maybe we could use them."
"I could be of help. I can read minds and even corrupt. I also can heal if that's a selling point, but whatever you decide I want to bring Hades with, but I don't want to go back to prison." I spoke up, trying to convince them to recruit me rather than send me back to prison.
Tony looked at this Cap guy. The Cap spoke up, "fine, but you gotta prove this criminal past is behind you."
"I've been here for four years enjoying the peace and quiet. Isn't that proof enough?"
"They have a point." Tony stated.
"Fine. I'm Steve, and that's Tony by the way. The curly haired man over there is Bruce. The man with the long blond hair is Thor, yes the god. The woman is Natasha but we all call her Nat, and the man standing next to her is Clint."
"Nice to meet you all I guess. Do you mind untying me please?" I ask very politely.
"Oh sorry kid. We just wanted to be sure you weren't going to run away." Tony spoke up, sounding truly sorry.
"It's fine. I get it. So, was that a yes on me keeping the horse?"
"I don't mind. Cap?"
"If you really want to, I don't mind. We have plenty of space for it back in New York. Plenty of space at least."
"Thank you, and I won't disappoint."
"Alright then, kid. Welcome to the Avengers!" Tony smiled, after untying me, then walked me over to the others.
I hoped my life would be different, and much better than it started out. I had a second chance to make things right, and I finally felt like I could belong somewhere. A place where I didn't feel out of place. Somewhere with others just like me.