[]the journey starts! Good luck Kaede![]

The doors slammed shut. Again.

Silence followed, not a leak of light in the wide halls, the entire building painted black. It sounded dead.

...Until light footsteps echoed through the halls upstairs, breaking the silence.

Soft lights approached the stairs, revealing a silhouette of a young boy. a bright violet and a dim orange moved through the mansion, tiny, warm stars lighting up the pitch black sky, before disappearing like a candle blowed out. And darkness follows.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Brown paws closed Kaede's bag, she stared back at her partner with a semi-blank expression, who was sitting on her right shoulder. She snapped out of her daze moments later. "Ah! Sorry, Eevee..." She fiddled with her hair clips, "Uh, thanks!"

Eevee looked worried, and Kaede sighed before putting on a smile, a half real one from the excitement of her Pokemon adventure. "Don't worry! I'm alright, Eevee," She assured her partner. Eevee wasn't convinced at all, purring and lowering her ears as a sign of more worry. 

She's probably right though...Kaede can't help but think. She had been excited for this for years, she was just being weird all of a sudden-

"Hey!" Kaede yelped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She swung around violently and stepped back. She recognised the hands backing away, and only noticed a second later a shocked expression on...

"Ah! Kaito!" Kaede exclaimed, her startled posture relaxing. Of course. Who else did I think would be up at this hour?  She immediately felt guilty as she realised that Kaito (And Scorbunny) had a worried frown. Geez, what was with her today?

"Relax Kaede! It's your first Pokemon adventure, do go blaming yourself and ruin the mood!" it's as if 'the luminary of the stars' could read her mind...sometimes Kaede seriously wondered if Kaito was psychic or something. It would fit, since most space Pokemon were psychic types. It wasn't until she saw Kaito's expression relax that she realised a smile found a way to her face.

She balled her hands into fists softly and posed like she was encouraging herself. "Yeah! You're right!" She said courageously, "Eva!" Eevee joined in.

Kaito looked pleased. "Ah-ha! Now that's the spirit!" The morning air stopped feeling cold, as the four friends shared laughs. I'm so lucky to have Kaito and Eevee as a friend, Thought Kaede, It's nice to have someone to drag you back from negative thoughts...

She wasn't usually like this, Eevee and herself both knew. Normally, Kaede was a confident girl that would encourage everyone around her, and everybody likes her as well. She just didn't know why she was acting like this. "Um, Kaito?" Kaito would probably have an answer to this.

Kaito notices Kaede looking away from him instead of how she usually asks questions. "Yeah?"

"Kaito, do you ever feel like all your spirit just disappeared?" She was almost embarrassed to ask, but her embarrassment faded when she saw Kaito smile. His smiles were always good news, Kaede knew at least. Like that last time when he got one of his hunches about finding a good Pokemon at the safari camp a few years ago. Kaede can still remember Kaito standing in a field of miniors, laughing and running around like he had found the land in his dreams - which, this probably was Kaito's dream, standing right next to Pokemon that came from outer space.