Chapter 1

It all started because Danielle was feeling vulnerable which was an extremely unusual colour on her. She found herself spilling her heart to a stranger at the bar. It felt disgusting showing this type of vulnerability to people normally, but for some reason this woman made it feel easy.

"- I just think I'm so focused on trying to be there for everyone else that I never focus on how I feel" the blonde sighed. Looking down at her bottle swirling the liquid around.

"Hai un'anima bellissima" The Italian smiled in response looking over at her.

"I have no idea what you just said but it sounded beautiful"

The brunette placed her drink down with a smile and reached her hand over to Danielles chin. She slowly turned the smaller woman's face so she was gazing into her piercing blue eyes.

"It means you have a beautiful soul. I think the way you make others feel really shows the type of person you are. You just need to make sure you take care of yourself the way you would for others".

Danielle felt her full body tense when the brunettes skin touched hers. Maybe it was because she didn't really get much physical affection often? But it felt different.

As the brunette stopped talking she could've sworn her eyes had dropped to her lips. Is she about to kiss me?

At the same time the Italians mind was also racing. She had not felt this connection with anyone in a long time. She decided it was time to just give in and kiss her.

Just then they were both pulled away from their thoughts.

*phone beeping continuously*

"Sorry" Danielle fumbled with her bag to reach her phone. Looking down seeing multiple messages coming through from her best friend Jaina. All she managed to read was 'so after he said that I finally done it, I broke up with him dani and I just got home. Where are you and Barrett?' before

*🔋🔌 no charge*

"Fuck" Danielle said putting her head in her hands while still holdning her phone.

"I'm so so sorry it looks like I'm gonna need to go home"

"Is everything okay Danielle?"

"Yeah yeah just my best friend finally dumped her ass of a boyfriend and she's all alone" she stopped to think about how she was going to word what she was about to say next. "have you got anything you could write ur number on and I can give you a call tomorrow?"

"Sí sí please do." she looked into her bag looking for something she could write with. Reaching for her eyeliner pencil before lifting her wine glass to write on the coaster which had been placed underneath it.

Under the number she wrote
'stai attento, Stefania '

(translation - take care)

She slid the coaster over to Danielle. They both couldn't help but laugh at the bizarre twist both of their nights had taken.

"Thank you" danielle smiled. Reaching in for hug as Stefania done the same before both taking a second to look at eachother. "I really need to head home" Danielle almost whispered pulling away from their hug and picking up the coaster slipping it in her pocket. She forgot this jacket was broken the zips didn't work anymore so she could only get it half way up.

"Sí, arrivederci"

Danielle had just walked out of the bar and was beginning to walk into the dark rainy night. Suddenly she felt a hand grab onto her arm.

Panic set in for a second until lips were pressed against hers. Pulling away to see Stefania looking back with that comforting look and smile she always gives which relaxes you instantly.

Stefania panicked seeing the look on Danielles face thinking she'd picked up the wrong signals until she placed a hand on her cheek and pulled her back into a more intense kiss.

It's like they'd both been waiting on this moment since the second they laid eyes on one another.... which was EXACTLY the case.

The Italian gently pushed Danielle against the wall placing one hand on her waist and the other on the wall. Beginning to kiss her deeper as she felt the younger woman's hand reach up and entwine in her wet hair.

"Stefania I really need to go" they rested their foreheads against each others. It was so quiet all they could hear was the pounding of rain onto themselves and the ground along with their heavy breathing.

"I'll see you soon Bella" Stefania whispered into Danielles ear. Before beginning to walk away in the opposite direction gently brushing her hands against the other woman's on her way.

Danielle stood for a moment in disbelief at what just happened as she watched Stefania slowly turn around to give her a last smile.

THE NEXT MORNING

Danielle woke up and reached for her now dry jacket that lay on the floor beside her bed. She wanted to save Stefanias number into her phone and text her to see how she was.

Quickly unzipping the half zipped pocket pulling out the coaster. Danielle felt her heart drop when her eyes connected with it. She felt her eyes begin to fill a little bit.

*The rain had made the eyeliner run, It was just a large black smudge*

What broke her even more was knowing Stefania wouldn't know why she never called

Stefania woke up instantly thinking of the woman from last night. Feeling the excitement in her body at the thought of her calling at some point today.

She put on her favourite little outfit along with some basic but pretty makeup. She wanted to feel good about herself for when she messaged then she could offer FaceTim or maybe even hangout. She did a little dance at the thought of it as she slid on her rings.

9 DAYS LATER

"Have you tried Spelling it different ways"
I glared at Bartlett "I told you already I have looked everywhere with ever spelling, SHE IS NO WHERE"
"Maybe you should've asked for her second name before sticking ur tongue down her throat"

Ever since I seen how the rain ruined my chances with the sexy Italian I have been trying everything in my power to find her. Last night the group all went for a night out in the pub that we had met that. On the off chance she'd be there but not a single sign of her. It's like she's dropped off the face of the earth.

"Some things just aren't meant to be or I think she'd of reached out somehow but now" Danielle stuttered out to her friends hoping it would help her forget.

Stefanias feelings were hurt when she had no contact from Danielle for over a week.  At first i thought maybe she was just busy but surely she would have been in contact by now, especially if that night meant the same to her as it did to me.

"I guess you're right, some things aren't meant to be but this one really felt right" Stefania replied looking at her younger brother

They both lay in bed at the same time thinking the same exact thing about each other -

- I already miss you

~ Thank you so much for reading! This is my first ever fanfic so lemme know what you think so far! 😼