5

Next day was the same. Perth ignoring me, Zee worshipping me and Mean being fucking annoying.

The only thing that changed was that Ms. Noppanut went to the classroom and announced that Perth was going to pick four of us to play a role in the nutcracker along with his old protégées who returned from Berlin too.

Old news for me though.

Besides, knowing Perth, he won't pick me. I already lost my faith in it.

Everyone else was delighted with the news though, because auditions were going to be in two weeks. Yey.

So yes, everyone was excited. Good for them. I was not.

I was really annoyed by all of this. And right now I was screaming into my pillow.

"I hate my life!"

"Ok, that's enough Saint. You need an intervention. I'm calling Boun." - Sammy said behind me.

"No, Sam. Stop. I'm fine. See?" - I faked a wide smile.

"That smile is more fake than Boun's hair color." - She said and I laughed.

"Fair enough. But no interventions please. Just, can we hang out for a while? Maybe the rooftop?"

She stared at me for a few seconds and then sighed.

"Sure."

I smiled at her and took my jacket and my cigarettes.

"I'll text Boun on the way."

Sammy and I reached the rooftop and sat in one of the deck chairs, Boun showed up minutes later with three burgers and beers.

We ate, drank and smoked, and for a while I forgot about Perth Tanapon, Zee Pruk and Mean Phiravich.

And I was happy. Or at least I think I was.

Or maybe I was just drunk.

But it was a good evening. Everything's better with friends.

"Mate." - Boun said.

"What?"

"Are you ok?"

"I'm stressed. But I'm alright."

"Is this still about Mr. Tanapon ?"

"I don't know, I guess I was just too confident about getting a contract after graduation, you know? But maybe I should let it go. It won't happen, not with him at least."

"My mom can always help you, she would recommend you to everyone."

"Yeah, I know. But I also like to accomplish things on my own. To know I won it and that I deserve it, and that someone saw something in me."

"Someone will. You're an amazing dancer."

"You know nothing about dancing, Boun." - I laughed.

"True. But still."

"I think that what got you worse was Zee's appearing." - Sammy said and I sighed.

"Maybe. I never thought he was going to come back. And he is being so charming all of the sudden, and over me all the time. I don't know."

"Did you feel something when you saw him?" - Boun asked.

"Hate, regret, homicidal impulses."

The both of them laughed.

"So, you're good. Not going crawling back to him?" - Sammy.