Rose (Part 3)

Charlotte had practically raced out of the apartment, the Doctor quick on her heels and the blonde following them, "Hold on a minute. You two can't just go swanning off then."

"Sure we can. This is us. Swanning off," the Doctor replied, grabbing Charlotte's hand as they continued onwards. "But that arm was moving. It tried to kill me!" The blonde exclaimed, earning a roll of Charlie's eyes. She really was trying to be kind, but things were becoming difficult.

 She really was trying to be kind, but things were becoming difficult

"Bloody terrific. Rose, was it? Simple coincidence, that was. Great observation skills, but time to move on, yeah?" Aggravated, the blonde continued on, "You can't just walk away. That's not fair. You've got to tell me what's going on." The Doctor shook his head, "No, we don't."

"All right, then. I'll go to the police. I'll tell everyone. You said, if I did that, I'd get people killed. So, your choice. Tell me, or I'll start talking," Rose demanded, earning a quiet snicker from Charlie who looked at the Doctor.

 Tell me, or I'll start talking," Rose demanded, earning a quiet snicker from Charlie who looked at the Doctor

"Is that supposed to sound tough?" The Doctor questioned, earning a raised brow from his friend. "Sort of," the blonde replied.

"Doesn't work."

"Who are you?" The Doctor shrugged before replying, "Told you, the Doctor." The female seemed genuinely confused, something that entertained the young witch, "Yeah, but Doctor what?"

" The female seemed genuinely confused, something that entertained the young witch, "Yeah, but Doctor what?"

"Just the Doctor."

"The Doctor," Rose responded, as if trying to comprehend what he was getting at. "Hello!" He grinned, earning a chuckle from the witch next to him. "Is that supposed to sound impressive?" Rose questioned the two. "He thinks it sounds impressive, but he's a knothead," The brunette teased.

"Come on, then. You can tell me. I've seen enough. Are you the police?" Charlotte shook her head, "Oh, no. Not at all.:

"We were just passing through. We're a long way from home." This confused the blonde ever more, "But what have I done wrong? How comes those plastic things keep coming after me?" Charlotte took a moment to breathe as the Doctor explained, "Oh, suddenly the entire world revolves around you. You were just an accident. You got in the way, that's all." Charlie smiled sheepishly, "It did try to kill her, Doctor." He nodded before continuing on, "It was after us, not you. Last night, in the shop, we were there, you blundered in, almost ruined the whole thing. This morning, I was tracking it down, it was tracking us down. The only reason it fixed on you is 'cos you've met us." The blondes oblivious expression earned a giggle from Charlotte of amusement. "So, what you’re saying is the entire world revolves around you two then?"

"Sort of, yeah."

"You're full of it," Rose spoke with a smirk.

"Sort of, yeah." Rose thought for a moment, "But all this plastic stuff. Who else knows about it?"

At those words, Charlotte felt her heart plumet to her feet, tears instantly forming in her eyes. It hurt her to think about the deaths of all those innocent people.

"No one."

"What, you two are on your own?"

"Well, who else is there? I mean, you lot, all you do is eat chips, go to bed, and watch telly, while all the time, underneath you, there's a war going on," the Doctor spoke, earning a nudge from the young woman next to him

"Well, who else is there? I mean, you lot, all you do is eat chips, go to bed, and watch telly, while all the time, underneath you, there's a war going on," the Doctor spoke, earning a nudge from the young woman next to him.  "Okay. Start from the beginning. I mean, if we're going to go with the living plastic, and I don't even believe that, but if we do, how did you kill it?" Rose questioned curiously. "Whatever's controlling it projects life into the arm. When he cuts off the signal, it goes dead," Charlotte explained. "So that's radio control?"

"Thought control. Are you all right?" The Doctor questioned.

"Yeah," Rose nodded, "So who's controlling it then?" Charlotte sighed, "Not sure, but I have my ideas." Rose then joked, "But what's it all for? I mean, shop window dummies, what's that about? Is someone trying to take over Britain's shops?"

"No."

"No."

"It's not a price war. They want to overthrow the human race and destroy you. Do you believe me?" The Doctor questioned as Charlotte entered a state of deep thought.

"No," Rose spoke. "But you're still listening," the Doctor commented.

"Really, though, you two, tell me who you are."

"Do you know like we were saying about the Earth revolving?" He spoke, gripping her hand as he continued, "It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling round the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go. That's who I am. Now, forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home." Letting go of her hand, the Doctor walked to the TARDIS with the brunette close behind him.

"You think she'll be okay, Rose Tyler?"

It took him a minute to think before he'll reply, "She'll forget and move on. That's who she is. It's who they all are. The human race." Charlotte remembered when he had faith in them. Maybe he would get that back one day.