Chapter 8

Harlow

I woke the following morning to the smell of a cooked breakfast but although it smelt delicious, I wasn't feeling hungry. I rolled over and was disappointed to find that the bed was empty which saddened me. It would've been nice to snuggle up to Diesel and spend the morning in bed together. I sat up slowly and swung my legs over the mattress to snuggle my feet into my warm slippers.
As I sat on the edge of the bed and thought about last night's events, one thought was more prominent than others, which was of Diesel's reaction when I spoke about being a virgin. I didn't know if this would now change things between us which I hoped it wouldn't.
Diesel was thirty-two and had a wealth of life and sexual experiences in comparison to me, I didn't want him now to see me as just a little girl and despite the age difference we had a connection.
I slowly stood and walked over to the wooden chair in the corner of the room, gathering my dressing gown. I put the floral robe on, fastening the belt around my waist and immediately felt better by covering some of my bruises. I was starting to ache so I made my way into the kitchen to take my pain relief.

"Morning sleepy head." A very cheerful Amy said as she placed bacon upon the plates lined on the kitchen worktop. I noticed that there were three places set at the kitchen table, with paper napkins, condiments and glasses full of orange juice.
"Morning Amy, where's Diesel?" I asked glancing around and down the hallway.
Amy carried the plates over to the table, "He had to go to the club early this morning so asked Jimmy and I to look after you." She placed the final plate onto the table and sat down comfortably, applying brown sauce to her plate.

Walking over to the sink, I poured myself a glass of water so that I could take my tablets. I was pissed that Diesel wasn't here but grateful that he'd arranged for someone to be with me today, I didn't want to be alone as deep down I knew that Hawke would return by the poisoned words he spat at me.
"Something smells good!" Jimmy said as he walked further into the kitchen, sitting himself down at the table. I watched as Jimmy scoffed his breakfast, clearing his plate in record time. He casually pointed to my plate, "Are you not eating yours?"
I smiled at him, "Although it smells and looks great I'm just not hungry, sorry Amy." I said holding my tummy.
"That's fine, guts ache here will eat it." She said with a snigger, looking over at Jimmy eating the food as quickly as the first plate.
"What's the plan today then?" Jimmy asked pushing his plate away from him and rubbing his tummy appreciating the breakfast Amy had cooked.
"Doc said I have to take it easy. So it looks like, films and chocolate, what do you say?"
Amy continued to eat her breakfast, "That sounds like heaven to me." She said with a wink. "Jimmy, I hope you like romance films because you're in for a treat today." We both giggled at Jimmy's expression.

After loading the dishwasher, Amy joined Jimmy and I on the sofa to start the movie marathon. Jimmy had protested regarding our film selection but we ignored his pleas.
Two hours later and we had already watched 'Dirty Dancing' and were now swooning over Richard Gere in 'Pretty Woman'. I glanced over at Jimmy who looked like he wanted to stick forks in his eyes much to my amusement, all this romance was driving him mad which made me chuckle. My phone vibrated which quickly pulled me from my thoughts as I retrieved it from my pocket.

How U doing Ink? I hope Amy and Jimmy R looking after U. D x

His text made me smile and the butterflies were back, ever the alpha male looking out for me but it was the way he signed off his text.

Doing well, thank you. Boring Jimmy with romance films! Ink x

I thought it was about time I started to use the name he'd given me.

LOL. I'll B home around 4ish. D x

Home! The use of that single word made me smile, I knew things were moving fast but it just felt so right and natural. Thank god my revelation last night hadn't put him off as I was worried as to what his reaction may be.