24. The One Where Everything Changed

A/N : Eeks, don't start cursing me by reading the title now! Okay, first and foremost, please trust me as a writer and read the story for the journey, not the end destination! Alarming number of people inbox'd me to ask if this story will have a sad ending, so I decided to clear the air once & for all - NO. This is NOT going to end sadly. 

This story will have a HAPPY ENDING. That's a promise. :)

But if a happy ending of MaNan is all what you care about, then what is the point of my writing so many chapters? I could just say, once upon a time there was a guy named Manik and a girl named  Nandini, they fell in love & lived happily ever after. The End. 

Would this satiate your craving for a MaNan story? The beauty of a love story is in the journey folks, not the end goal! 

So. Gear up for more Hustle between MaNan to ultimately find their way back to each other! Oh and about the chapter, I will put my thoughts right at the end of it!

Happy Reading now!

***

Vommuli Island, Maldives circa 2018

(Fish Spa Center, The St. Regis, Maldives Vommuli Resort)

Nandini Murthy

It had been two days since the gang had arrived and as Navya had promised, I had finally cut ice with little Abir. The little guy was practically tagging with me wherever I went and I could see that both Navya & Harshad were more than relieved to finally get some space for romance!

I was sitting with Navya and the little guy by the beach and we were getting a fish spa done, we both were particularly looking forward to it since it has been banned from most of the US and we both loved getting it done back in our good old Mangalore days! It reminded us of our golden times in life.

"That b*tch is loony I tell you" Navya suddenly whispered towards me, ensuring Abir didn't get to hear her. I turned my head towards the way she was looking to find Mukti walking along the beach with Mr. Malhotra, they had their back towards us, so thankfully we could avoid any awkward conversation.

"Why, what did she do?" I asked generally, and focused back to watching the tiny carps eating away at my feet.

"Only yesterday morning I saw her screaming her gut out at her dad. She was fanatic I tell you; full on drama, throwing her arms around and stuff. Now look at them, it's like she's daddy's little one!" she sneered. I suppressed a laugh seeing Navya's aunty mode come alive suddenly; I decided to humour her instead.

"What was she screaming for?" I asked, glancing at the retreating figure of the father daughter duo, who seemed very lost in a deep discussion.

"I don't know, I was in the kids play area outside the gymnasium with this little guy, they were inside. All glass walls - couldn't really hear them" she mumbled, still looking at them suspiciously.

"Yaar Navya, I think Mukti has her set of baggage with her folks, but she's good with Dufus and they are happy. I don't try & break my head thinking beyond that - we called it truce ages back" I replied, before engaging in banter with little Abir.

All seemed well so far.

Vommuli Island, Maldives circa 2018

(Private Sundeck, The St. Regis, Maldives Vommuli Resort)

I was setting up my DSLR in the huge sun-deck attached to my suite. The sky was vast and it was nearing twilight, I wanted to try a timelapse from twilight to darkness. While I was sitting in one corner, figuring out where exactly to place my tripod, I heard some voices. I realized each sun-deck was shared between two suites, so I supposed Mr. Malhotra, who had the suite next to mine, was also on the deck i.e. on his side.