25. The One Where Fab 5 Reunited

A/N : Wow guys, we have reached the Silver Jubilee chapter? How time flies! I still remember it was in the 2nd week of December, 2020 I had published my first chapter for this book, it was the 'Welcome Note'! It's been 7 months already and we are going strong!

I still maintain that, this is one of my most favorite self written stories, and I am abnormally biased & partial towards it! To tell you the truth, when I started writing this book, I had thought maybe I'd wrap in 10 chapters, but as the story started flowing out of me, it seems there is no freaking end to it!

I write one chapter each week, so there is not much pressure on me, and there is so much more left to this story I swear! I wanted to next, to end this book in 20 chapters, but now, I am not even sure if I will end in 30! As long as you guys support me, MaNan has a few more sweet bitter moments to live before the curtain falls on the book!

It is for all the love & support you guys show for this book, that actually keeps it going and every week I feel super excited to be publishing the weeks' chapter!

Thank you for being so kind, warm, accepting & welcoming towards my story!

Won't rant more, happy reading!

PS - This is the longest chapter I have written (even by my standards!) it is content worth 18 Word pages, so please don't sleep mid-way! It is an important chapter with lot's of changing dynamics, do keep up & read the whole thing (break it into 10-20 parts maybe :P)

***

Vommuli Island, Maldives circa 2018

(Nandini-Aryaman's Suite, The St. Regis, Maldives Vommuli Resort)

Nandini Murthy

No. Nope. Nada.

That did not just happen. This is a nightmare. Yeah, it is a nightmare. Nandini Murthy pinch yourself. You need to f*cking wake up now!

"Ouuchhh" I yelped, as I pinched myself hard one more time and sighed. This was not a nightmare, this was real. Very very real. I did just see him right in front of my eyes some ten minutes back. It was him, in the flesh. Ayappa, when it comes to that guy, why don't you ever play fair?!

Breathe Nandini. Relax. You've got this.

As I sat down on the couch, trying to breathe easy, my mind reeled back ten minutes in time. As I heard Arya mutter his name, a lot of things happened at the same time, my brain went on an overdrive. My first instinct was to run away and never look back, my second instinct was to run to him and hug him like there is no tomorrow (what the hell!), my next instinct was to just step up and land a f*cking hard punch on his face for breaking me forever; a part of me also wanted to hold his collar and ask him, if he really loved me as much as he claimed to, how did he leave me without even saying goodbye? I was so conflicted at that point that before I could decide on what to do, he had reached us already!

"Roo, come here my naughty little munchk--you?" I heard his voice shift from holding adoration towards this child to a sharp knife like coldness as his eyes found me. Ouch. I finally met his eyes, and in a second I felt the land beneath my feet rush away. I don't know at a subconscious level, what all expectations I had from the moment when/if we ever met, but what I saw was clearly not what I had expected. I looked into his eyes and saw...

Nothing.

Yeah, nothing. Just flat cognitive recognition of a known face. That's all his eyes held for me. Did it pinch me? Hell yes. Why? I do not effing know! I mean we are over six years back right? He has moved on in life, he is married! Is he though? Of course he is, he has a kid you moron!