Chapter 1

I sat, staring at my everything through the dim little screen. It seemed so unfair. I got to sit here, watching as the tiny figure that is my love ran away into the maze again. Risking his life. Whilst I sit here with nothing to do but pray he gets out safely.

This is routine. I sit on this uncomfortable little chair 24/7, watching every tiny detail of his new corrupted life.

I pushed my thick chocolate hair out of my face and sighed, twining my hands together like I was saying a prayer. "Please let him be okay. Please." I did this every day. Every. Single. One. And he always came back completely fine and unharmed. But that didn't stop my anxiety from going wild.

I'd had anxiety ever since my parents died when I was a kid. But ever since Newt was sent into the maze, it was like my anxiety had had 50 shots of coffee and tequila, mixed with a few tons of sugar. It was all "what if he's not ok?", "what if the grievers get him?", "what if he trips and can't get up?". Except, multiply that by, like, 1000.

"Rose?" I whirled around in my chair, hair flicking my face. It was Kylie. My best friend. "Oh, hey Ky."
"Rose, it's not even 5am. Don't you ever want a break from obsessively stalking your boyfriend?" She yawned, her blonde hair falling like a messy curtain over her face.

"First of all, no, I do not ever want to take a break. He could be hurt!" I've told her this so many times already. Kylie raised an eyebrow.
"And second on all, he's not my boyfriend," I grumbled.  "He can't even remember me."

Kylie grabbed another stiff chair and pulled it up beside me. "Ro, look. I'm not the pep-talk, mental health therapist you need. But. I do know that someday, when they've all escaped that horrid place, Newt will remember, and come back for you. I know he will ditch any plans he might have the second he remembers, and nothing will stop him from being with you again. Not a tsunami could stop him once he remembers you. Not even a wave of cranks, or an army of grievers. And then, when you are a happy married couple with 3 kids, I will come to your huge house, and I will give you a great, big 'I told you so'. Okay?"

I smiled. "Thanks Ky."
She grinned back, "Anytime, Ro. Anytime."

But of course, the moment had to be ruined when Kylie's little brother Noah came waddling in. "Kylieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"
Noah was cute, but could sometimes be very, very annoying. Kylie felt the same.
"Ugh, go back to bed Noah. You shouldn't be up yet."

She looked at me, "same goes for you, Harlow." I laughed "You don't tell me what to do, Delaney." We sometimes used each others' surnames when addressing each other, just for the fun of it.

"Kylieeeee!!! Listen!" Classic Noah, always demanding attention.
"What Noah? I'm trying to talk to Rose."
"Can I listen?"
"No, this is big girl stuff."
"But I'm a big girl."
"No, you're a 3 year old demon."
"What's a demon?"
"UGH. GO TO BED NOAH!"
Noah pouted and dragged his feet away back in the direction he came.

"Seriously, Ro. Take a break from being an obsessive compulsive psychopathic stalker and live a little." Maybe she was right. But then anxiety got the better of me.
"I really can't. I-"
But then she grabbed my wrist and dragged me away.

Hey guys! If ur reading this then tysm!!! Sorry it's really boring right now. I'll make sure to have loads more Newt involved things and I'll make it a bit more exciting. xoxo

Edit: it's getting better I promise

P.s. the photo is how I imagine Rose. But feel free to imagine her however you want.

 But feel free to imagine her however you want